Sign in to follow this  
iainsmith

RC4 not working

When RC moves an aircraft, its position in the scenery is outside the limit RC allows for the airport. That can happen if the coordinates are off in the flightplan or RC has the incorrect airport coordinates as determined from makerwys.exe.

As Ray stated run RC as admin after updating makerwys.exe and be sure to put in the correct path to your FS version when prompted. If RC and FS are on the same PC just run the RC scenery rebuild and it will execute makerwys installed in your FS folder and then copy runway data back to its own folder and finally create its airport center coordinates from the runway data. If you are on a network you first run makerwys directly in your FS folder. You then start RC as admin, put in the network path to your FS folder, answer yes to the are you on a network prompt, and then RC will copy the data over to its folder and create also the airports coordinate file as before.

The process by file as RC uses it is RC (running with admin privileges) executes makerwys.exe in your FS folder. This creates r5.csv in your FS folder. This is copied back to RC's data folder as r4.csv. a4.csv is then calculated from the coordinates in the runway data folder r4.csv. As a check you can look at the file properties for modified of r5.cav in your FS folder and r4.csv and a4.csv in the RC data folder and the date-time stamp should be very close.

The fsuipc and makerwys files in the distribution installer of RC are very outdated and that's why you need to update makerwys and fsuipc from the indicated links to take advantage of "fixes" in these two files.

Not saying this occured in your case but two common errors causing RC to move an aircraft are:

1. During the RC Scenery Rebuild a path to a different FS version was given when queried such as pointing the path to FSX when FS9 was being used. This can occur with a dual installation, one for each sim.

2. The coordinates in the flight plan are different from RC's. This also has happened when the FS flight loaded was at a different airport than the one in the flightplan :)

Also, in FSX, where a starting position was stated in the flight plan application was different than where the parked aircraft was located in the loaded flight.

Just some things to check out.

@ Ray & Ron

Gentlemen, this is where I've got to. I already had the current version of makerwys v4.65 which I had run after installing payware scenery (UK 2000) for Luton airport (EGGW). Anyway, I ran it again and tried once more the flight I was actually trying to do when the problem showed, Heathrow to Hamburg. With FSX running I fired up RC4, loaded the flight, started RC4 and the same thing happened. Aircraft moved way back from the gate,and RC4 still not responding.

The next test was after I had moved the RC4 folder out of the Prog Files (x86) folder to C:\rcv4x and re-directed the desktop icon. Everything was exactly as before.

I'm thinking that an uninstall and re-install is necessary here, after I move the folder back so that Windows can uninstall it. If I do that I will need a new key won't I? It's just that prior to upgrading my motherboard a couple of months ago I had numerous problems and I required two or three keys from jd. Will this be a problem?

Iain

Iain,

I don't think uninstalling and reinstalling will fix the problem. Try creating a plan from two default airports. If you don't have UK2000 Manchester and Birmingham then do as I asked earlier in this thread and create a plan EGBB-TNT-EGCC. FL180.

You don't need to fly this. Just starting RC4 will tell us if this is a problem at all airports or just 3rd party.

If you have either of the two above just create a plan from two default airports.

When you said the aircraft moved well back from the gate how far did it move? Less than 50 yards or more?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I do have all the UK2000 Xtreme series of airports Ray so I'll create a plan from Prestwick to Dublin, both default airports.

At Heathrow that plane was moved back about 150 to 200 yds.

I'll report back.

Iain

At Heathrow that plane was moved back about 150 to 200 yds.

That could well be the difference between the default Heathrow and Gary's version.

Once you've reported back on your default airport test we'll take it from there.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

@ Ray & Ron

This is very strange. Using a default 737 I parked at Prestwick (default airport) and set up an FSX plan to another default airport Dublin. Fired up RC4 (folder now in C:\rcv4x, FSX is on the F drive) selected the FSX plan and started RC4. Everything fine, just as it should be and for the first time in days I heard RC voices, including your dulcet tones, Ray.

So, I changed aircraft to my recently acquired Aerosoft Airbus X Extended and re-selected the same flight plan. Again everything was fine, as it should be with a full response from RC.

I then decided to try what I've been trying for days. I relocated to Heathrow with the A320 to T5, gate 513 created a plan in FSX from LHR to Hamburg. Fired up RC4, selected that plan and started RC. Everything fine, as it should be - full response from RC4.

Then the final test. Closed down RC4. Fired it up again and this time selected the plan I had previously created to Hamburg in FSBuild. Started RC and everything fine just as it should be.

So, it looks like I'm good to depart LHR for Hamburg at last.

I'm mystified as to a) what was causing the problem and b) what put things right. Having run makerwys I would have expected, if that was the problem, for it to have been corrected straight away not several attempts later. The same with moving RC out of the Prog Files folder.

Anyway, thank you both for your time, patience and help also the others who responded to this thread.

Regards

Iain

Hi Iain,

Strange indeed but you now have everything running and hopefully it will stay that way.

Computers can do strange things at times. Good servants, bad masters.

Glad it's sorted for you. Enjoy RC4. :biggrin:

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather