Sign in to follow this  
shamrockflyer

Microsoft Changes Policies

Microsoft have decided to change the policies of the Xbox One http://uk.gamespot.com/news/microsoft-changing-xbox-one-policies-6410472

I am quite surprised by Microsoft's decision with this, its unusual to see them change something so dramatically. Maybe they have crossed the border and are now looking towards interacting with their customers likes & dislikes and building a stronger bond with them.

This change in policies still wont change my mind about buying an Xbox One. I hate the services Microsoft provide, not a fan of Microsoft. I will stick with my Pre-Order of the most anticipated console release of this year, the PS4.

I think Steam should make a very basic Gaming O/S and give it away for free. Then we can all custom build a PC, Install the O/S, and play our games.

It would need a simple web browser as well, and that would make me very happy and keep that fat hemorrhaging cow MS out of my house and my life for once and for all.

Consoles are no fun for me as I would rather custom build a machine 

Matthew Kane

Lol gotta love corporate politics!

"As a result of feedback from the Xbox community, we have changed certain policies for Xbox One," Microsoft wrote on its blog, adding that past policies are "no longer accurate."

More like, as a result of Sony owning them so badly at E3 with their announcements about PS4 used game flexibility and no online license checks, they decided to backpedal so fast they broke the bicycle chain.

Too little too late. They should have come out with these options first, not after Sony had already announced them.

Microsoft sucks.

pardon my french but let them take a hike.. I am now a PS4 fan. They tried the same stunt they did with FSX by funding that flight which doomed... and now they tried it with x-box. Where do they recruit their lousy decision makers? They ought to announce who those lousy duchebags who made those decisions are and announce their firing in public.. until they do that...they are part of the problem

Sheesh!

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Hopefully EA gets the hint as well. People don't want online only play. I still haven't purchased Sim City even though it is my favourite game outside of the Flight Sim world.

If I can't play it on an airplane or hotel room offline then I won't buy it. An addictive game like that needs to work regardless of internet connection.

Matthew Kane

Hopefully EA gets the hint as well. People don't want online only play. I still haven't purchased Sim City even though it is my favourite game outside of the Flight Sim world.

If I can't play it on an airplane or hotel room offline then I won't buy it. An addictive game like that needs to work regardless of internet connection.

Yeah agreed.

SimCity is good but that's a drawback.

When I play XBOX online, 99% of the time it's the games like COD or BF3, I don't play those much though.

What I usually play is the FIFA series offline 99% of the time.

Microsoft sucks.

Agreed.  For many reasons.

Mind you, I am a little biased as a FSX flier in that they killed the franchise.

spacer.png

MS seems to be failing to remember customer is number 1.  They have not done market research very well at all in regards to Win8 and Xbox One.

MS seems to be failing to remember customer is number 1.  They have not done market research very well at all in regards to Win8 and Xbox One.

They do seem to be telling the customer what they need rather than asking what they want. It's actually kind of sad that they seem to have lost the ability to read the market.

Yeah, that seems to be the problem.

I've only ever owned the XBOX series after the Nintendo 64 anyways, the first one then the 360..

Should my next one be the PS4?

Shamrock727, on 19 Jun 2013 - 5:40 PM, said:

Microsoft have decided to change the policies of the Xbox One http://uk.gamespot.com/news/microsoft-changing-xbox-one-policies-6410472

I am quite surprised by Microsoft's decision with this, its unusual to see them change something so dramatically. Maybe they have crossed the border and are now looking towards interacting with their customers likes & dislikes and building a stronger bond with them.

This change in policies still wont change my mind about buying an Xbox One. I hate the services Microsoft provide, not a fan of Microsoft. I will stick with my Pre-Order of the most anticipated console release of this year, the PS4.

Wish we had the pull the gaming and OS community has. MS's response to us, "You don't like it we'll kill the franchise". They can't pull that with the XBOX crowd, too much revenue loss there. Their standing their ground with W8 though as 'Blue' doesn't seem to have enough change to even bother looking at. Everything MS is trying these days is back firing on them causing them to either back track on their draconian ideas or kill the projects altogether. They'd much prefer to kill a product off than work with their customers. Only the highest revenue producing products forces them to change their tune. Surprisingly Steve B won't back off of Metro-W8 which is going to seriously hurt the company.

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Wish we had the pull the gaming and OS community has. MS's response to us, "You don't like it we'll kill the franchise". They can't pull that with the XBOX crowd, too much revenue loss there. Their standing their ground with W8 though as 'Blue' doesn't seem to have enough change to even bother looking at. Everything MS is trying these days is back firing on them causing them to either back track on their draconian ideas or kill the projects altogether. They'd much prefer to kill a product off than work with their customers. Only the highest revenue producing products forces them to change their tune. Surprisingly Steve B won't back off of Metro-W8 which is going to seriously hurt the company.

It won't surprise me if the XBox franchise is the reason Microsoft are still around! They haven't produced enough outstanding products the last few years and are still lacking behind all the rest. if only Mac OS was compatible with all games produced for MS OS I would ship up and move there for good!

Sent from my iPhone 4S

Shamrock727, on 20 Jun 2013 - 10:13 AM, said:

It won't surprise me if the XBox franchise is the reason Microsoft are still around! They haven't produced enough outstanding products the last few years and are still lacking behind all the rest. if only Mac OS was compatible with all games produced for MS OS I would ship up and move there for good!

Sent from my iPhone 4S

I'm supporting the P4 solely because of what Steve B. did to Flight Simulator and what their continuing to try in pull in the same vain as Flight with Windows 8 and Xbox One. The 'Every Customer is the enemy and should be watched/monitored' concept needs to fail miserably. Then maybe Steve will get let go and MS can get back to business or go by way of Unisys...

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

It all trickles down from the top.. That attitude.. if there is arrogance at the top, that culture permeates the organization below.  

A little PR stunt at the bottom (Some paid agency) here and there is not going cover up the deadly arrogant attitude of organization.

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter