Sign in to follow this  
T_Fleck

Just because...

I like to go back and reminisce about the old days from time to time.  So, I went searching for my oldest repaint that was ever published.  Turns out, the first one is this file spiritd.zip, for FS5 located at the "other" flightsim website. My dad posted it for me and had this to say:

The Boeing 767-200

powered by 

2 GE CF6-80A Turbofan engines.

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

The original plane was created by Robert Morrow with technical support from 

James P. Morrow.

My 15 year old son Todd, using a Delta Digest magazine as a guide,

took Mr Morrow's original aircraft and created ship 102 "The Spirit Of Delta". 

This aircraft was purchased in 1982 for $30 million by the employees of Delta

as a thank you to Delta for being an employee-focused company.

As the official airline of the 1996 Olympics Delta repainted ship 102

in Olympic livery.

Unfortunately, I no longer have the ability to read the *AF files.  Does anyone have a program that could read them so I can see what it looks like?  I am 34 years old now and would kind of like to appreciate the work of my youth, however bad it may be by today's standards.

They were never bad back then, they were amazing at the time. I remember making aircraft and scenery with those BAO and Mallard software that Bruce Artwick used to produce. I was always amazed at what you could produce back then.

Yes doesn't compare to today's standards but back then I think I was actually having more fun with what we had.

Matthew Kane

I can agree.  I have fond memories of my early simming days.  I remember after FS4 how excited I was when I saw screens of FS5 (which if memory serves) was a real benchmark for FS.  It has been awhile since I heard the name Bruce Artwick, but I do remember it (not sure why).  Heck, I can't even remember how the pcx files I modified turned into af files.