Sign in to follow this  
Guest DemolitionMan

Good headset + Mic?

Guest DMozzie

Hi all,I am looking to get a new headset and boom mic but have no idea which is the best one for online ATC flying through VATSIM. I have a SB Live sound card that has the mic connect point about 5-6ft away from me so thats how long the cable would need to be.If anyone has any suggestions, please voice them.

Guest sb55mv

Hi,I can't recommend the Plantronics Audio 90 enoughSteve.

Guest Rockcliffe

I'd recommend it too. I went through three cheapo headsets in just a few months before deciding the extra money was worth it. It is.

Guest DemolitionMan

Yep, I can recommend the Pantronics 90 too, great sound and comfortable to wear!BestGrahame (EDHL)

Same here. I've been using a Plantronics headset and mike combo for well over a year now. It's great for not disturbing the wife in those wee small hours :)Mike

yep, Plantronics Audio 90 is the one ive been using for almost a year now...no problems yet as far as it breaking like the ones ive had in past years. Wouldnt say its the most comfortable choice out there these days if you plan on wearing it around your neck as a "mic only" device, however it certainly IS built well enough to last longer than most others ive tried, and that sort of quality in a cheap headset makes it worth it for me.Dave

Guest Paragon

If you want a much cheaper, and imo almost as good, headset you can look at the Altec Lansing AHS-302. Very good headset and excellent sound, both from the mic and headphones.

Guest mike_cyul

This probably doesn't really answer the question, but I use my actual real flying headset (Peltor; Aviation Headset 7004). I'm used to the feel of it from flying in real aircraft, and so it feels right in an aviation environment, and, when on the computer, blocks out every other sound in the house (completely!), and make the sim that much more immersive.I only had to buy an adapter for the plugs. Never tried to use the mic, though.Kind of expensive for the average simmer, but as I had it anyway....Mike F.(edited for typos once again)

Yes Plantronics A90 is great. Otherwise you can head over to Edimensional and buy their voice buddy 2 kit including headset. They had the A90 before now they have some cool force feedback headset :DAnyway I am selling mine Plantronics A90 for like 15$ + shipping from Sweden I am getting some new Kinyo 5.1 force feedback headphones so I am after a good microphone :)

Guest DemolitionMan

Actually, my dream would be a real life David Clark or Sennheiser headset, with an adapter so that it works on my computer. Unfortunatly, my wife gets rather..er (cough).. excited(:-mad) when I suggest the idea, as she looked over my shoulder one time as I was comparing various headsets and saw what they cost,lol. Oh well, back to the Plantronics I guess...BestGrahame (EDHL)