Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

WL777 - becoming a fan...

XPX, contrarily to other simulators, moderates a lot my tendency to get many add-ons. I haven't quite figured out why I am so much more contained when it comes to get additional ( payware or freeware ) aircraft add-ons for XPX than I used to for other simulators, but the fact is I am a lot more selective about the add-ons I get. It is probably due to the fact that with other sims I was allways trying to find the best / most credible behaviors, desperately trying to get a "perfect" aircraft, while in X-Plane10 I am a lot more satisfied with the default outcome, even taking into consideration the couple of problems / limitations we know about.

My hangar is simple:

LES DC3 (awaiting 64 bit version)

LES Sundowner

Carenado Seneca (awaiting 64 bit version)

Carenado Baron 58 (awaiting 64 bit version)

VFlyteAir SportCruiser

WorldLiner 777 ( Ramzzess an Philipp )

Peter's A380 ( Emirates )

X-Aviation MU2

AS350 (Dreamfoils)

I haven't got payware sceneries ( yet )

I am eagerly awaiting for two sorts of products - AI traffic ( there is one already, I know, but it has to get better...) and Weather injectors...

Meanwhile, and contrarily to what used to be the rule with other sims, instead of managing / optimizing I "fly", enjoying the great OSM and Ortho sceneries ( downloading the New-Zealand at last!!! )

That's why I get the chance to use my aircraft add-ons a lot more than with MSFS, P3D, and even DCS ( appart from the usual p51d and UH-1H short circuits... ).

The Worldliner 777 was, at first, somehow a disappointment. Somehow it didn't feel right ( version 1.4.0 ) and had a lot of minor problems. After upgrading to 1.4.2 I really started using it without problems/crashes, and progressively enjoying the many details / accurate system modeling it offers.

I have completed a few medium-range flights across Europe, the longest from Finland to Portugal, using RWW, and overall I am very satisfied with version 1.4.2. It is stable, free from problems provided the correct procedures are followed, and the aircraft performs beautifully. Fuel calculation conforms with inflight fuel consumption, manually flown approaches are a delight to fly, and the FMC is very complete.

So, this is a thumbs-up to the WL777 after my initial comments that were not so positive!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

XPX, contrarily to other simulators, moderates a lot my tendency to get many add-ons. I haven't quite figured out why I am so much more contained when it comes to get additional ( payware or freeware ) aircraft add-ons for XPX than I used to for other simulators, but the fact is I am a lot more selective about the add-ons I get. It is probably due to the fact that with other sims I was allways trying to find the best / most credible behaviors, desperately trying to get a "perfect" aircraft, while in X-Plane10 I am a lot more satisfied with the default outcome, even taking into consideration the couple of problems / limitations we know about.

My hangar is simple:

LES DC3 (awaiting 64 bit version)

LES Sundowner

Carenado Seneca (awaiting 64 bit version)

Carenado Baron 58 (awaiting 64 bit version)

VFlyteAir SportCruiser

WorldLiner 777 ( Ramzzess an Philipp )

Peter's A380 ( Emirates )

X-Aviation MU2

AS350 (Dreamfoils)

I haven't got payware sceneries ( yet )

I am eagerly awaiting for two sorts of products - AI traffic ( there is one already, I know, but it has to get better...) and Weather injectors...

Meanwhile, and contrarily to what used to be the rule with other sims, instead of managing / optimizing I "fly", enjoying the great OSM and Ortho sceneries ( downloading the New-Zealand at last!!! )

That's why I get the chance to use my aircraft add-ons a lot more than with MSFS, P3D, and even DCS ( appart from the usual p51d and UH-1H short circuits... ).

The Worldliner 777 was, at first, somehow a disappointment. Somehow it didn't feel right ( version 1.4.0 ) and had a lot of minor problems. After upgrading to 1.4.2 I really started using it without problems/crashes, and progressively enjoying the many details / accurate system modeling it offers.

I have completed a few medium-range flights across Europe, the longest from Finland to Portugal, using RWW, and overall I am very satisfied with version 1.4.2. It is stable, free from problems provided the correct procedures are followed, and the aircraft performs beautifully. Fuel calculation conforms with inflight fuel consumption, manually flown approaches are a delight to fly, and the FMC is very complete.

So, this is a thumbs-up to the WL777 after my initial comments that were not so positive!

I knew you would like it! It just requires some time. That fmc is to die for. Pure joy to fly. The aircraft as it stands is easily the best in xpx.

Skickat från min Nexus 4 via Tapatalk 2

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

it's a good plane but the exterior needs some work, the wings still flap like a bird on takeoff :lol:   Look at the plane from outside on takeoff....it looks strange but the interior is great.

Look at the plane from outside on takeoff....i

Hmmmm I've learned, since the time of Aerowinx PS1, that I should never look at an aircraft I am "flying" as if I was a few yards from it....  If it's the one I am flying, I can't see it from the outside!!! Unless it's Peter's A380 and the camera inhibition is not working correctly :-)

I also started using a special pair of glasses above some altitudes in XPX. This way I do not know what you talk about when you say there's a halo in the horizon(???)

And... last but not least, I have tricked my controller so that when I use rudder trim I am actually using aileron trim :-)))))  Oh!  NOT AGAIN!!!!!  :blink:   Nope!  Not this time - the positives in this sim way outperform the negatives   :rolleyes:

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

I like XPX but 2 major sticking points preventing my conversion are poor flight planning options and weak/crappy ATC.  I guess as well, poor AI means low immersion for me as well.

spacer.png

I like XPX but 2 major sticking points preventing my conversion are poor flight planning options and weak/crappy ATC.  I guess as well, poor AI means low immersion for me as well.

im pretty sure i seen you on every thread and you say the same thing every time. do u ever get tired of it?

im pretty sure i seen you on every thread and you say the same thing every time. do u ever get tired of it?

I myself am rather critic about some aspects of XPX, but I think I finally managed to find the positive aspects to be on top of my complaints... This is probably the moment when we start liking something in life :-)

It's an ongoing evolution process ( that of XPX ), and it's probably not happening at the pace we would like it to, but it's converging towards a very rewarding ( civil ) simulator for the next years... And... it's already here for us to enjoy... and that's it - it is alive!!!!

Main Simulation Rig: