Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jcomm

SimHeaven's OSM sets vs Alpilot's "trees and farms"...

Sorry if this has already been asked / answered, but I didn't find it here at the forum...

Today, while I was at Alpilotx's site downloading ( at last ) teh New Zealand scenery package, I noticed the "Tree lines and farms" overlay.

Is it a good idea to use this together with the OSM Continent series? I read there:

"X-Plane 10 tree lines and farms" scenery is an overlay add-on for x-plane. It tries to add visual clutter (tree lines and forests) to the usually relatively dull landscape of agricultural areas and grassy areas."

Is this compatible with the "trees" painted by the SimHeaven OSM series?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Yes, it should be compatible with the SimHeaven stuff .... it really only adds some farm objects, and some tree lines along roads. Thats "all". So, usually, it shouldn't make problems .... (other than maybe a few object / treeline overlaps ... which might look funky in rare cases).

PS: and you can refer to me as alpilotx (not just alpilot ... and no, don't ask me where I have this pseudonym from ... I don't know, and there is no romantic story behind it - I just came up with it a very very very long time ago)