Sign in to follow this  
Q400lover

Opus vs Active sky 2012

Hi, I was wondering about the pros and cons of Active sky 2012 versus opus. What are the Differences between them And which does everybody like better?

There is no addon that everyone likes better. ^_^ But lately more and more people are liking OpusFSX more.

Pro's AS2012: it comes with environmental textures which is nice if you don't have REX yet.

Pro's OpusFSX: everything else.  ^_^

I might be an old fuddy-duddy, but I still use AS2012 in the flight levels and Opus in the altitudes. There are features I like in Opus (such as the ability to bring up destination and alternate weather) that aren't in AS. But I like being able to read the various forecasts and reports on the AS UI when liner driving.

Mike

Never tried Opus but I really like Active Sky.  I have EZDoc so I don't have any need for it's cameras.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

AS2012 SP2 is amazing, I returned OPUS for a refund.  AS2012 comes with Textures, OPUS doesn't.

In my opinion nothing comes close to Opus, + great support and constant updates.

Jose De Campos

London

I run a triple head setup and found Opus hit my frame rate quite badly at times compared to AS2012.

Stephen Munn

When you get older you have tendency to get stuck in your ways. I have been with Active Sky since they started a long time ago. I LOVE AS2012 sp2, and am not going to change. Works for me when I fly all over the world.

Bob

AS 2012 SP2 is absolutely wonderful, textures as good as REX, easy to use, well designed and helpful in flight planning, absolutely no appetite to look elsewhere for me! This is in my opinion the best and most complete weather add-on available today.

AS 2012 SP2 is absolutely wonderful, textures as good as REX, easy to use, well designed and helpful in flight planning, absolutely no appetite to look elsewhere for me! This is in my opinion the best and most complete weather add-on available today.

Wouldn't say it better, the same for me.

They are great products in their respective way.OpusFSX is recognized in the community as been accurate for miles and updates in the background and AS2012 adds more functionality like flight planning and has more settings.So they kinda complement each other.I like both :)

If you just want the accuracy,great looking weather depiction and a basic flight plan input, Opus.  

On the other hand if you like a weather engine with all the bells and whistles, ( map, route inputs, texture selection and more.) As2012

I can't say AS2012 it the prettiest with cloud depiction.

David Zambrano, CFII, CPL, IGI

I know there's a lot of money in aviation because I put it there. 

BetaTeamD.png

Opus Dynamic head movement is amazing, weather depiction is perfect and the support is great.

I use AS2012 textures though.

-Iain Watson-

I can't say AS2012 it the prettiest with cloud depiction.

Did you try SP2 released a month ago? 

Did you try SP2 released a month ago?

I have the latest SP2.

AS2012 to be honest, always seemed to make really bland weather. Big cumulus clouds everywhere you go besides the clear areas or overcast areas, which by the way aren't close to the realism Opus depicts.

If you like AS2012 I have nothing against you or anyone. I think AS2012 has a great flight plan feature, and overall UI.

David Zambrano, CFII, CPL, IGI

I know there's a lot of money in aviation because I put it there. 

BetaTeamD.png