Sign in to follow this  
Guest BeaverDriver

New C206 - Concern

Guest BeaverDriver

That new Cessna Turbo 206 is sure looking nice. I have 2 major concerns over it though, in case anyone hadn't noticed. First is, the tach in the new screenshots is redlined at (what looks to be) 2400 rpm. The engine in this aircraft is rated to 2500 rpm (see here:  http://www.cessna.com/~/media/Files/Single%20Engine/Turbo%20Stationair/Stationair%202013%20206H%20SD.ashx - go to the bottom of Page 7 for the engine specs). Now you can't see the tach straight on, but I'm wondering if Carenado "borrowed" the tach from an older 182 they did some years back? It almost looks that way as it was redlined at about 2400. I truly hope not, but either way the tach is not correct and 100 rpm's can mean the difference between getting off before the end of the runway or not if your high and it's hot, even with turbocharging. And besides, why go 100% with the graphics then slack off on something as simple as a gauge marking?

Second concern is I really hope the wheel pants are removable. Don't get me wrong - they look really sharp. But in the back country or anywhere you get much ice or snow in the winter, they have to come off in the cold season (or Mother Nature will remove them for you!). Other than that, and assuming the switches work as they should (not backwards or inop) and with the realization that the "G1000" is not a G1000, this looks like a pretty decent offering. Let's hope the above is corrected/confirmed before release.

You are correct - and I have made Carenado aware.. hopefully they will change it.

Edit:  they have told me that they will change it, good catch!

Bert

Guest BeaverDriver

Well, let's hope he does. New screenies up today suggest that it's not been changed yet, and I've emailed him with things like that before and despite a positive reply, nothing was done. I'll wait to see the finished product before I leap on this one. Thanks for contacting him. Hope it has some results.

The latest beta has the red-line at 2500.

I may be a bit confused (at my age that happens frequently); but shouldn't the "red line" be at 2700 rpm's? The top of the green, normal operating range, would be at 2500 rpm's. In between, the yellow warning arc. ???

Jesse Cochran
"... eyes ever turned skyward"

P3D v5.3 Professional, Windows 10 Professional, Jetline GTX, Gigabyte Aorus X299 Gaming 7 mobo, i7 7740X @ 4.9 GHz, Corsair H115i Liquid Cooling, 32Gb SDRAM @ 3200MHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX1080Ti @ 11 GB

ORBX Global + NALC, ASP3D, ASCA, ENVTEX, TrackIR, Virtual-Fly Yoko Yoke, TQ6+, Ruddo+ Rudder Pedals

Nope - real airplane:  Green to 2400,  Red line on gauge is at 2500 RPM

Bert

Nope - real airplane:  Green to 2400,  Red line on gauge is at 2500 RPM

OK, thanks. Perhaps I am confusing the normally aspirated and Turbo versions.

Thanks for the response.

Jesse Cochran
"... eyes ever turned skyward"

P3D v5.3 Professional, Windows 10 Professional, Jetline GTX, Gigabyte Aorus X299 Gaming 7 mobo, i7 7740X @ 4.9 GHz, Corsair H115i Liquid Cooling, 32Gb SDRAM @ 3200MHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX1080Ti @ 11 GB

ORBX Global + NALC, ASP3D, ASCA, ENVTEX, TrackIR, Virtual-Fly Yoko Yoke, TQ6+, Ruddo+ Rudder Pedals