Sign in to follow this  
Manny

FS9.1 Patch Improvements?

Other than finding the previously missing bridges, is there anyway to tell how much improvement there is with the patch? I have been flying around my usual places and have not noticed anything in particular, but then maybe I don't know where to look. Maybe there are too many variables to pick out something specific, but I would be interested.Thanks!Airbus

Al Kaupa

Digital Storm purchased 8/17/2011; Win7x64: Asus P8P67 Deluxe; Intel i7 2600K@3,9 GHZ; nVidia GTX 560Ti; 8GB DDR3 1600 Corsair Dominator; Power Corsair HX 750W; Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD; 300GB WD VelociRaptor; 1TB Seagate.

Guest CapHavoc

Howdy,For this happy camper, I've noticed greater stability with my sim. YMMV, of course.

Hi Cap,How do you know it is more stable? Were you getting CTDs before? Are your framerates better? Scenery load faster?Just curious.Airbus

Al Kaupa

Digital Storm purchased 8/17/2011; Win7x64: Asus P8P67 Deluxe; Intel i7 2600K@3,9 GHZ; nVidia GTX 560Ti; 8GB DDR3 1600 Corsair Dominator; Power Corsair HX 750W; Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD; 300GB WD VelociRaptor; 1TB Seagate.

Guest CapHavoc

Howdy Airbus,Yep, constant ATC CTDs (after being handed off to Ground Control) have stopped; fps have remained constant at 25, so no difference there; I still have a few micro-stutters, but they seem to come with less frequency. As for scenery loading faster, well I mostly fly over Robin Corn's photo-real New Zealand scenery or Chris Wilke's Islands of the West Indies, so because they are so graphically intense, loading time is always gonna be slow. :-) It's purely a subjective "feeling" I get that my sim is better off after the Patch than it was before; nothing scientific, mind you. :-)

Guest Kurt

During a long thread last year, one of the flights listed as being a repeatable seasonal CTD was at LFNC on Dec. 25th 2003. It has fixed that on my system.Kurt M

My Fsim 2004 still crashes.Yup..Nothing here.I have sent MS the error...as in...when that stupid pop ups come on..about reporting the error to MS. Fsim 2004 has got to be one of the most buggy software there is I think..

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

>My Fsim 2004 still crashes.>>Yup..Nothing here.>>I have sent MS the error...as in...when that stupid pop ups>come on..about reporting the error to MS. >>Fsim 2004 has got to be one of the most buggy software there>is I think..Hi MannyI don't believe it will have anything to do with the M.S. patch but most likely with some of your files which have been modified.You may want to read over the M.S. documentation on installing the patch and follow their instructions to the letter and hopefully this will correct your error problem.Reading the threads and speaking for myself, it appears there are a lot more simmers, who have had no problems then those who have.In order for the patch to work you have to have the exact original files as those which came with the program when it was installed.In my case after I installed FS2004 I used the original Disk #4 which is the boot up disk for the program and not the No CD program which others have been using causing the patch not to install properly.Good Luck:)Kenny G.

Are you seeing the Barns and the Chicken and Fish places? If you do then the autogen XML scenery is working ok after the early release mods, if you did them. I had renamed my default XML file "default.xml.bak". I re-did the cfg entry and knocked off the ".bak", but still no barns. The proper name for the file to be recognized is "default" without the quotes.

Hi Kenny.I copied all the DLLs etc from the originals...as well as the couple of cfg files that they said that i need.And yes..I have the original fs9.exe not the "no cd" version.And it did install correctly.. I think.. It said so.:)

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter