Sign in to follow this  
Dragonmount

Captain sim 777?

1. It's good graphically  2. Not really   3. Nope

David Zambrano, CFII, CPL, IGI

I know there's a lot of money in aviation because I put it there. 

BetaTeamD.png

If you really want it as good as it gets, I'd suggest you to be patient and wait for the PMDG 777. I don't own the CS, but from what I've heard, and from my own experience with other CS aircraft I think it's not bad, but most likely not worth the price.

Here are two (probably?) similar topics:

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/376333-captainsim-777/

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/399526-captainsim-777/

(...) I think it's not bad, but most likely not worth the price.

(...)

Hope you don't mind me saying this, Florian, but even hardcore CS'ers rate the 777 below other CS planes.

Just a quick look here: http://captainsim.org/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1367199240

No offence intended, though ...

They are supposed to put out an update last month that never was released,until that happens it is flyable, but with a lot of trial and error! If you don't mind a boat load of bugs go ahead & knock yourself out. You should wait till PMDG drops theirs, I don't own any of their products, but I have heard they are top shelf developer!

Hope you don't mind me saying this, Florian, but even hardcore CS'ers rate the 777 below other CS planes.

Just a quick look here: http://captainsim.org/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1367199240

No offence intended, though ...

No offence taken, as said I don't own it as I think it's way overpriced (and I'm definitely not a long haul guy -_-), and I also don't really follow the CS aircraft threads here with too much attention, so my (obviously most likely wrong) opinion is based only on a few others (like the Hercules).

Anyway, thanks for pointing it out, I definitely do not want to trick anyone into buyint anything.

(...) I definitely do not want to trick anyone into buyint anything.

Be assured, I know that, Florian, and you mentioned already that it's overpriced anyway ...

... Let's all talk him into buying PMDG!!!   :lol:

Bought it, sat in the cockpit once, performance was marginal to bad, deinstalled, never looked at it again. The model looks outstanding, not question. 

They are supposed to put out an update last month that never was released,until that happens it is flyable, but with a lot of trial and error! If you don't mind a boat load of bugs go ahead & knock yourself out. You should wait till PMDG drops theirs, I don't own any of their products, but I have heard they are top shelf developer!

My feeling is they were under pressure from the public to speak up about updates. So they did. Weather the had any intention of releasing the update in May........? Sure glad I never wasted my money on this one.

Even if it was the best plane that CS has ever made, when PMDG releases their masterpiece, the CS version will probably go to the Mojave desert, unless they put out a "home run" service pack, between now and then.

I really like flying the 777 Worldliner in X-Plane 64bit, but looking at their cockpit, it's obvious that they took just a little artistic license when putting it together. At any rate, it does have good systems modeled.

The PMDG 777 will be mind blowing and quickly be a hard act to follow for any developer.

Even if it was the best plane that CS has ever made, when PMDG releases their masterpiece, the CS version will probably go to the Mojave desert, unless they put out a "home run" service pack, between now and then.

I really like flying the 777 Worldliner in X-Plane 64bit, but looking at their cockpit, it's obvious that they took just a little artistic license when putting it together. At any rate, it does have good systems modeled.

The PMDG 777 will be mind blowing and quickly be a hard act to follow for any developer.

The upcoming 1.2 service pack is said to include a weather in addition to a terrain radar. Depending on how well those are implemented and if they fix the way they implemented VNAV, will determine it's success or overall failure. It's not bad for those that purchased it at development at a reduced price (like me) or better those that got it with their 9.99 sale. In it's current state (ver 1.1) I wouldn't recommend it at full price, until we find out just how well (or bad) ver 1.2 is. BTW though CS normally has another 9.99Euro sale around this time of year, but I haven't heard anything yet about it. At that price I would recommend it. I have a video of her on my youtube channel below if you like to see what she's like to fly!

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

CS's business strategy is to release a lite 777 ASAP and hope that PMDG will keep delaying their offering for as long as possible until "it's ready". The more PMDG takes their time in creating perfection the more people will just give up and buy the CS 777, especially if CS manages to pull off the impossible and patch the addon to a reasonable standard.

People think the PMDG 777 will be released very soon, but what if the release doesn't happen until 2014? or 2015? PMDG usually releases a few Youtube videos a few months before release, and for the 777 this hasn't happened yet.