Sign in to follow this  
Bert Pieke

So, how is it?

I had my early doubts, but post SP2, the TBM 850 is really solid, especially with a GNS530 popup in place of the MFD popup,

and with my PFD/MFD mods installed.

Just had a really satisfying flight from Bend, Oregon to KPDX, following in the footsteps of "Emily"
in the Flight Video Productions "Columbia" video. ^_^

The RXP 530 provides a bulletproof navigation interface, and the G1000 PFD/MFD does what the
G500 PFD/MFD does in the Malibu, provide primary flight info and a moving map.

Carenado has actually done quite a lot to improve the G1000 over the C182T and Cirrus, and
at present this is quite acceptable IMHO.  Also, the Garmin Integrated Flight Deck with a nice
autopilot provides a good user interface - with the rotary knobs lighting up, much the way RXP
has done it for some time.

All in all:  highly recommended if you want a sleek, fast, sexy airplane to add to your hangar B)

Bert

I agree 100%. It is still on my top 5 all time list of fav GA planes ever...but that is only due to your mods, Bert.

They left a pretty awkward FDE characterstic for dead on this one (as of today anyway) and for folks who simply can't be bothered obtaining and installing your mods there may not be quite as much joy to be found, heh.

I hope they enjoy it just as much - not everyone is quite as obsessed with details as some of us.. :rolleyes:

Bert

Now with the mods, realistic flight planning & approaches are now possible.    I love that I can now delete a waypoint or procedure turn from the flight plan without deleting the entire approach. 

Thanks again for your work.

Mike

Now with the mods, realistic flight planning & approaches are now possible.    I love that I can now delete a waypoint or procedure turn from the flight plan without deleting the entire approach. 

Thanks again for your work.

Mike

You say "Now with the mods..." is it your personnal mods or Carenado mods?.

Thanks and best regards

Real Deraps

You say "Now with the mods..." is it your personnal mods or Carenado mods?.

Thanks and best regards

I am referring to Bert's modifications.  Carenado did not do anything for flight planning or adding the RXP GNS 530. Sorry I could have explained my comment better.

Mike

No probs Mike, another question then, are they included in SP2 or where i can find them?.

Regards

Real Deraps

No probs Mike, another question then, are they included in SP2 or where i can find them?.

Regards

Send me a PM with your email address if you would like a copy.

Bert