Sign in to follow this  
Nathan3219

If It Isn't an Airliner - Why No Full Tutorial?

Send me your purchase info and I will reimburse you for the MV F-15E.  That you cannot read the manual (like everyone else, including the real world pilots, does) tells me that you do not deserve to own our product...

I have to say, you are not doing your business much good with responses like this, and your subsequent retort. At this point you should  quit while you're behind!!!

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Its a wee tad difficult for them to refraing from getting upset when someone doesnt ask for help and then gives a bad review of the product.

I agree with others.  It wasn't a bad review at all!  He's just asking for a bigger helping hand with a great airplane.  Ken's documentation/tutorials in the past have been pretty detailed.  Maybe he's just not finding what he needs?

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Alright.... after re-reading his post I can see where I went off the tracks a bit.

Nathan.  If you want your money back, you'll get it.

However, there is no way we can, cost effectively, do tutorials for each of any aircrafts systems.  It's just not possible.

And I apologize if I came across harshly.  I'm not, as I said, very diplomatic.

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

Alright.... after re-reading his post I can see where I went off the tracks a bit.

Nathan.  If you want your money back, you'll get it.

However, there is no way we can, cost effectively, do tutorials for each of any aircrafts systems.  It's just not possible.

And I apologize if I came across harshly.  I'm not, as I said, very diplomatic.

You just need a good word filter...like the girl that completed finishing school and was asked what she learned?  "I learned to say 'amazing' instead of 'b___s___'."

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."

MilViz

Your original response was appalling, particularly as you apparently speak on behalf of a commercial organisation. I have no doubt that you fulfill a role within the organisation at which you excel, but with huge respect one of your colleagues who has greater diplomatic skills than you should be the "public voice".

Like any business you will survive and indeed grow by selling more and more of your products to people who choose to spend their hard-earned money with you. For that magical transaction to take place you must treat them with respect.

By the way, your aircraft are superb.

Glad to see you are a man, Milviz, and apologize. Although it's a pretty weak apology concidering it's the most unheard of insult I've ever seen a developer throw at a customer.

I will not do business with you in the future.

Andreas Stangenes

http://www.youtube.com/user/krsans78
Add me on gamertag: Bullhorns78

I should add however that the video tutorials on the Milviz youtube channel do cover just about all the systems (navigation, startup, weapons usage to name a few) that are simulated on the F-15E.

Video tutorials are one thing. PDF tutorials are way more time consuming, especially for a military aircraft.

Jonathan "FRAG" Bleeker

Formerly known here as "Narutokun"

If I speak for my company without permission the boss will nail me down. So unless otherwise specified...Im just a regular simmer who expresses his personal opinion

I'm so glad you wrote this! Now I know I will never ever own a Milviz product. Ever! You can build addons that are as cool as all that, but with that attitude, I wont ever trust your support.

Exactly the opposite effect on my end: I just had a look at the Milviz product range.

This is the product description of one shop offering the Milviz products:

http://secure.simmarket.com/milviz-f-15e-strike-eagle-fsx-(de_6249).phtml

It names the "Highly detailed Pilots Operating Handbook" and offers two download links, one for the 544 pages (!) POH and one for the 12 pages Quick Start Guide.

What we have here is a clear case of not RTFM ...

I fear you are misunderstanding the OP; they're not ask for tutorials for each system, they're talking about one or two general tutorial flights, similar to what you get with the PMDG NGX or Simcheck A300 (which they specifically mention).

Evidently it's not impossible because other developers are already doing it at similar price points. Did you hear the outcry about lack of advanced tutorial for Majestic's Q400 when it first came out (which has now been rectified)?

A written tutorial is an invaluable resource because it will teach you many things the manuals don't, specifically flows and manufacturer SOP. Supplying a comprehensive systems manual is all well and good, and I do read them but they do not provide all the information you need to know to operate the aircraft properly and they are sometimes written in very technical and hard to understand language.

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

Exactly the opposite effect on my end: I just had a look at the Milviz product range.

Nobody here (including the OP) has anything but praise for Milviz (the developing company). It's Milviz' (the person responding on behalf of the company) short temper and insult towards his customer that makes me quite sure I will have to make due without his products. He didnt even read the OP twice before he flung the nuclear missle of a post his way.

Andreas Stangenes

http://www.youtube.com/user/krsans78
Add me on gamertag: Bullhorns78

So because one guy responds without a little tact means people aren't going to buy their products? Lol...

Time to grow a thicker skin.

I bet the guy above will actually still buy their stuff.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Is it possible for us to just step back and maybe let this go?  Learning a new airplane can be very tough and managing the development of (at least) 4 major projects can be very stressful.  A deep breath would be good before we all have to go to therapy.  LOL.

Gregg Seipp

Too late for me lol....

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Narutokun, on 21 Jun 2013 - 5:16 PM, said:

I should add however that the video tutorials on the Milviz youtube channel do cover just about all the systems (navigation, startup, weapons usage to name a few) that are simulated on the F-15E.

Video tutorials are one thing. PDF tutorials are way more time consuming, especially for a military aircraft.

... plus 23 pages of checklist-like normal procedures description included in the POH.

And I don't even own a single Milviz product: I just downloaded the complete 500+ pages POH before any purchase from the shop's product page for the purpose of understanding what this thread is all about.

Of course, just my 2 cents, and each to their aim ...

EDIT:

I still don't know what this thread is all about.

But I still love the irony of post #2 ... (Don't tell me I'm the only one who noticed that! :P )

Edited by olli4740

Too late for me lol....

LOL.

Gregg Seipp