Sign in to follow this  
vonmar

Area 51 setup

I have downloaded a scenery for Area 51 (KXTA Scenery v1.0 - ©2008 Ted Thompson) Groom Lake for FS9.

It installed ok and looks real good.

I would like to set up the Navdata files for the new airport and each runway in this scenery.

The question is, where do I get the LAT/Lon for:

The airport itself?
And for each runway?

For example, RWY 14/32 would need two LAT/LONs ... one for 14 and one for 32.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Well, where do you get the values I need for an airport like Chicago's KORD?

Best Regards,

I would be surprised if you can find any cords for A51 short of guessing, it does not exist. I am not joking, it would probably be a crime to put out coordinates and for good reason. We all know something is out there, but I would not even contemplate giving information on runways, navaids etc. even if I knew, you are looking for trouble and it will find you. This is a Top Secret installation and forgive me, this is not Chicago you are asking about. You can get civil airport information on runways from many sources.

Can't you just place your aircraft at the end of the runway and get the lat/lon from Shift+Z?

As for the airport, get it from somewhere in the middle?

If the scenery has an AFD file you could open it with Afcad or ADE and get the info there.

regards,

Joe

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

I just got on Google Earth and saw the coordinates, and the airport.  Would google earth solve your problem?

Rod

Rod Beck

I have used FSCommander (map) and placed my mouse on each end of the runway (KXTA) to get LAT/LONs.

I have used my aircraft on the runway and used FS9 map view to see the LAT/LON (current position).

I have used the PMDG Area 51 setup instructions to get the LAT LON (unknown original source).

My question is, what physical spot on the  (e.g. 5000') runway defines the LAT/LON of the specific runway that is used in the NavData Airac files?

Each runway will have two LAT/LONs ... one to define each end of the runway.

What is the official source of that runway information?

Best Regards,

Oh....I know what you're asking now.  Sorry.  What I know is the Lat/Lon that is displayed in the "real world" airport directories are the center of the airport (should be close to the center of all runways together).  I don't know what data the NavData Airac uses.  Hope you find the answer....and let us know.

Rod

Rod Beck