Sign in to follow this  
MD83

Update on tinmouse.org freeware 737-200

Guest 737_Pilot

www.tinmouse.org19 Oct 2004 1019 panel and air file There's quite a few changes from the 0927 build. The most notable are the throttle quad and fire panel. Everything now works on it. One compromise I had to make was in the stab trim. In order to get the correct readings, I had to limit the travel on the pointer. If you try to trim past the zero index, the pointer will stop and appear to get "stuck". You shouldn't need to trim past that point. Use a setting of 5 for takeoff, 3 for cruise, and 7 or so for landing. Also note that the flap configuration horn cutout button is functional and that the "H" icon has been removed from the front panel. The fire handles will kill the engines but not the electrical system since I haven't even started it. If you do kill the engines, you will need to reload another plane then reload the 732 to get them started again. The fuel will now cool at a slower rate so that you won't get any nuissance filter icing warnings at cruise altitudes. I've also added the flap overload limiter. This will move the flaps from 40 to 30 if you exceed 160 knots. Once at a safe speed, the flaps will move back to 30. Other changes: Added stab trim cutout switches. EPR's now corrected for altitude (FS2004 only), making them extremly accurate at cruise. The stab trim icon has been removed; use the new readout on the throttle window. Takeoff warnings adjusted for new trim. ADF tuning more standard. Icons for overhead, clock. Checklist icon removed - use F10. The new air file is required! The biggest change in the air file is that thrust is increased to 17,300. Several of you have noted that this value is "wrong", however this represents the max amount of thrust that the -17A will put out just before it blows up. It's not what you would operate at continuously, and therefore not the value that you would see in the spec's. I needed the extra power to correct poor takeoff performance and lack of reserve thrust at cruise. Parasite drag and fuel flow scalar have been altered to give M.74 at FL350, 1.98 EPR, and 3000 lbs/hr. There's also several other tweaks and fixes.

Guest mikealpha

I second that, it's indeed a very promising project. It's nice already and even more enjoyable to see it growing !Michael

Guest 737_Pilot

I'm just a fan of this awsome project, I'm not part of the design team, thank those guys.

Thanks for the info :).. and thanks to the Tinmouse group .... they still support FS2002 :)