Sign in to follow this  
JSkorna

AS2004.5...

I'm speechless... :-eek

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Probably cause it looks so damn good. Damian did good work on it.

Eric 

Your exactly right Eric, that's what I'm talking about. Gone is the popup haze that we all used to see, now you gradually fly in and out of it. Thunder cells seem bigger and more defined. Clouds nestle nicely in between mountains and thanks to FSW look more realistic than ever now. You can almost smell the fresh dew... These are just three major improvements out of many that I've noticed tonight during my flight from KPHX to KSNA. Chris (FSW) just released another update to his replacement cloud set for FS2k4 and I must say the sky is on a whole other level with these two updates combined. With all this great fall weather the US is having, your going to find some beautiful patterns to observe in the sky... I'm off to check how much improved the overcast has become with AS2004.5. I actually didn't think it could have gotten any better than it was (weather wise), now I see it can....

FS2020 

Again, I must chime in with my agreement. This product has gotten a whole lot better. It leaves me somewhat speechless too.Good job Damian and crew. Also thanks to Chris too. Great clouds.Best regards,

Guest mruane

Thanks Ken and DillonI don't have AS2004 (I did have the earlier version for FS2002). From what both of you say - and based on other threads - this could be a worthwhile addition. Guess I had better head over to their site.Appreciate the feedback.

Guest sb55mv

Hi All,:-waveI hate to sound stupid, but what are the frame rates like, and can I run this weather program without the fancy radar etc,(you know what I'm saying here, at the moment I run FS9, S/Box, AVC, Servinfo, FS NAv when on-line with VATSIM, so wondered if it was very resource hungry ?)I have enough to do in the cockpit as it is:+. . .LoL, how about a few screenies in the Screen Shot Forum Guy's Please,:-shy now that would be fantastic,:-roll nothing fancy or edited,:-eek just basic day flights to see what it looks like.:-coolthanks very much guy's, appreciate it very much.:-beerchugSteve,:-abduct

Hi, I'm using fs meteo for a long time. A year ago or so I gave AS2004 a short try but found it quite similar to fsmeteo. So I saved the money and stuck with fsmeteo although fsmeteo is far from been perfect. Has anybody experiences with both fsmeteo 6.4 and AS2004.5? is it worth to change from fsmeteo to AS2004.5?Regards from Germany, Tom.

Guest Boone

ActiveSky 2004 (and the new update) is the single most important add on for Flight Simulator.:-hah IMHO of course... The visual difference alone is worth the cash. Best RegardsBoone,BooneEIDW@hotmail.com"Flying a plane is no different from riding a bicycle. It's just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes."

Tom you need to get out the stone age with FS-Meteo... I was like you and as of now I do own both. AS2004.5 takes weather on a whole new level and you would have to see it to believe it.Get the latest update from FSW over on Flightsim.com's 'New Files List'. The file is called 'hifps.zip' released 10/18/2004. Both these updates together is a site to behold....I hope this answers you question Cruachan....

FS2020 

FS Meteo is a very good product. I used it for years and was very happy with it. I switched to Activesky 2004 and have not looked back since. The overall accuracy is very high. The display of thunderstorms is so much more enhanced. Not to mention, activesky has actual voices for the flightwatch weather reports over the radio. The only small downside is that the weather created by Activesky can sometimes hurt framerates. Especially thick cloud layers. As was mentioned, the faster clouds are a must, then things run much better.

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

The active radar module is optional.The program itself (and the self-registered FSUIPC helper) takes little in cpu resources. Where FPS is affected is in the number of cloud layers and type. If you use the recommended FSW cloud modeling techniques, you will get better FPS than offered by the FS defaults.I download the world weather from their server (about four minutes at 56K modem) in advance of the flight so that eliminates the performance penalty acquired in some cases for on-line weather updates but the choice is yours.