Sign in to follow this  
JSkorna

AS2004.5...

Guest byoung

I really like what Damian has done. Some awesome improvements.. However my only issue of which should have been an easy fix (I have suggested to Damian), is that you can't put AS 2004.5 in pause mode and load your New Route, prior to doing an initial refresh.As far as I can tell, you have to do an initial Refresh and then load your New Route and process it through the weather engine. So it is basically two refreshes and updates when you could just load the route once and it could do it all in the weather engine in one pass. Of course it would have to make sure you are stationed at the airport. It would be really cool if once you load your flight plan in AS 2004, that data would be transfered to your flight plan in FS 2004 and then have it take you to the departure airport automatically.Other than that, AS 2004 seems to update a little quicker. And it is nice to have the weather stations display on the screen as it is loading. Nice touch Damian.Barry

Hey there, Preston.While I was picking up 2004.5, I also grabbed Simflyer's Toronto.With the two above running, and with everything cranked in FS9, my XPS is pulling 20-22 FPS. Simflyer's stuff really sucks the octane. It still is smooth though. When I take off from the Simflyer's Toronto, the FPS's soar with the bird....lol. At flight with AW2004.5 running up some great sky-scape, the FPS's settle into the 50's and up. AW2004.5 doesn't suck up the frame rates---the Simflyer's eye-candy does...but then again, look what you get...(LARGE SILLY SMILE INSERTED HERE).If I had tried this with my 1.4 Green Celery three weeks ago, the machine would have sat there and laughed itself apart...sheesh....Cheers!Mitch R.

Guest captbulldog 2

Sure, sure--they'll still be some tweaking left no doubt. I know SimFlyer sceneries are hogs because anywhere else I fly just fine with AS4.5!Thanks Damian

>Hi Dillon>>Where do you set the 'Affinity' to use only one processor.>>I have a P4 3.2 with Hyper Threading.>>thanks>>Bob WrightCornish Peninsula? Is that where the Cornish Patsies come from?Andy B

Where is this "Overcast enhancement"?????? I cannot find a tick-field in any of the options!I am using the latest update.ThanksAdam

Guest byoung

Damian replied to me off line. If his suggestion works, I will post it here..Thanks again AS 2004 Support Team!AWESOME!Barry

Hi,I just want to thank everyone for the positive comments... 2004.5 has been a long time in the making and the entire user base has helped by giving us some great feedback. Thanks to all our users! It is a great feeling to see how well it has been received.Also big thanks to Jim Skorna, our private Beta Team, public beta participants, AVSIM, Peter Dowson, and everyone else who contributed to the development in many ways.Thank you!

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

I purchased FSUIPC and am interested in your weather program, what exactly would I be getting thats better than the features of FSUPIC plus fs9.1 default real weather downloaded every 15 minutes?

Wow...... Where does one start with this question??? :-roll I'll leave this answer to someone else because it would be way too long of an answer for me right now. I want to get some flying done tonight....I'll just say this, FS9.1's default weather is to AS2004.5 as Bagdad is to Tahiti (Bora Bora)... You make the choice...

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Guest Paragon

What if I love camel rides and extreme adventure. :)

I don't understand the point of rolling your eyes. I just assumed that weather is weather, how much "better" can you make weather? But I guess microsoft didn't bother giving it much effort on that front either.. I should have known. Thanks for the "answer" though

Guest Edam

>I purchased FSUIPC and am interested in your weather program,>what exactly would I be getting thats better than the features>of FSUPIC plus fs9.1 default real weather downloaded every 15>minutes? Since there is no demo, you will have to pay up front to find out for yourself how well it will work with your machine and what features you might have to turn off to resolve any potential issues.