Sign in to follow this  
JSkorna

AS2004.5...

Guest aca_dia

Screenshots look great, but how handy is it for those of us that prefer to use 2D clouds? I would possibly be interested in AS2004 if the cloud transparency issue is fixed with 2D clouds.

Guest captbulldog 2

Word. I have no doubts in 4.5 after my flight yesterday! Took off from KRNT and was greeted by Seattle weather. Oh my! Multi-layered clouds really look beautiful. Turbulence, haze... and ICING.

Hi. "Screenshots look great, but how handy is it for those of us that prefer to use 2D clouds?"it's not 2d clouds they are in 3d in simple mode and they look simple clouds. The simple cloud mode in fs2004 is not accurate on weather, it's more basic weather with limitation nothing from clouds formation no matter what's you have, it will remain like simple mode with limitation. In detailed mode there is the real weather specification and visual on weather and active sky use this mode.ThanksChris Willis[link:fsw.simflight.com/FSWMenuFsSim.html]Clouds And Addons For MsFs

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

Hmmm. You guys had me fooled as to your location (-:.But as stated I've had great support for a great product.

Jim I'm sorry but I can't see how it can get any better than this before FS2k6 rolls out... :-beerchug

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Guest nigel28

I love this product...I tell ya, there is nothing worse than having overcast on the ground with the old FS weather engine and then take off and it get perfectly clear....that is sooo annoying...I love how that doesnt happen anymore...This is just a fantastic product!! I took of from KSAN yesterday with 20kt winds, gusts to 24 and was shellshocked by how lifelike it felt. I use activecamera as well so the VC was really bumping around...not to mention the wake turbulence I encountered on takeoff right after a 737 departed in front of me!! Another big thing I like is how the horizon looks...it doesnt look like a defined line anymore..I have my max vis set to 25 miles and it really looks very "hazy" like it should on the horizon...all in all great product and I highly recommned it!!

Guest allblack

Hi Mike,Be curious to hear what you think of it if you buy it. I've been very close to buying it in the past, but have never got there.RegardsTimPS: What do you know about scanners and listening to the chatter at NZWN?

Guest bob

Hi DillonWhere do you set the 'Affinity' to use only one processor.I have a P4 3.2 with Hyper Threading.thanksBob Wright

Not bad!Not bad at all. Just purchased and ran the program for the first time. Not bad...but I sure pity the chap that has a processor not up to the application....This really adds to the realism, for sure.Cheers!Mitch R.

Once FS2k4 and AS2004.5 is loaded up, go back to the desktop and hit 'ctrl-alt-del'. From there go to the 'Processes' tab and you should see all the programs currently running. Find AS2004 and right click on it. A drop down menu will come up and 'Affinity' will be at the very bottom. Click on it to open the options and uncheck one of the boxes....

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Guest captbulldog 2

That is true. I tried to fly last night but really couldn't at all. Fall weather + night flight + Simflyer scenery + Ultimate Traffic + PMDG just don't mix on this system :)

Hi Preston,Try lowering the maximum # of cloud layers a touch and disable overcast enhancement when the system is loaded like that. You should be able to get better performance at the expense of a few less clouds. Of course, a higher-end system will allow a more complex and dense weather-scape with less performance penalty.

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies