Sign in to follow this  
Dragonmount

Follow me car?

I usually use the DX10, since most of my aircraft support that format. The parking arrows dont  quite work, and even using FS Commander as a guide I still get lost sometimes, is there a free follow me car out there that works with add on ATC? I'll take a payware if that's all that is out there.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

GSX is a bit much if you only want a Follow me car... ;) And the GSX car only brings you to the gates and not to the runway (if ever you may need that). That's why I also looked for a better and cheaper option.

The best one (by far) I have found is Follow Me 2, which was supposed to be payware but the developer stopped working on it and released the beta for free. It works perfectly fine on my PC. You can open an ingame menu in which you can pick the runway or gate you want to taxi to: it will however plot its own route the your destination so it will not follow the exact route ATC tells you to go... for me this isn't a problem at ALL, though (also because I use ProATC/X and the taxi instructions usually suck).

One problem: all online links to the addon seem to be dead. One solution: I have the addon and I can mail it to you this weekend: PM me if you want to have it. (This is the same way I got a hold on the add-on.)

EDIT

O, wait, found a working link:

Follow Me 2

If this doesn't work for you (the link or the installer) PM me anyway.

I'll confirm that FollowMe2 does work fine and is free.

Followme2 comes without instructions.  Is it a case of just installing and it works or are there some instructions/key presses, etc. necessary.

Thanks, IAN

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

Followme 2 will not install even though I have all rights taken care of ? any ideas - thinking if it wont install easily probably might cause some problems may want to avoid this one

65bdxz.jpg

Rich Sennett

Rich,

Click Cancel and I believe everything will still be OK.

Hi Jim no deal will not install even tested it into a dumb folder nothing installs

Rich Sennett

Yes tried that if you right mouse click to get properties  Administrator option in not there ?

Rich Sennett

Thinking this file above might have a problem have to look for another to see

Rich Sennett

No, it's just Windows acting up. I first encountered it during the beta for Flight. Decided to install my Win 7 upgrade from XP. Afterwards Windows gave me grief about installing the Flight beta, the GFWL package, Microsoft Security Essentials. You know, all the unknown software of the world...

Found through a Google search "Take Ownership" and have used it ever since the upgrade to clear up simple, little problems like writing to the Start Menu.

Download is here; http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/add-take-ownership-to-explorer-right-click-menu-in-vista/

Instructions are on the web page, but it's a registry tweak that adds a right-click menu choice to Take Ownership. In your case Richard, when you get the dialog box shown above you would navigate within a Windows Explorer window to the start menu location shown, right-click on the folder and select the Take Ownership option. A DOS window will pop open for a short bit and then close. Then you could select Try Again and it *should* continue with the installation.

Thanks :) but I have takeownership been using it for a long time but that does not work either, think I will shut down AV see if that helps doubt it.

Still no deal never seen this before oh well.

Rich Sennett

I think the installer is messed up never seen sim program load straight away into program data folder

Rich Sennett