Sign in to follow this  
Dragonmount

Follow me car?

Installed fine for me under Win 7 64 bit.

Running W 7 64 also no go - Steve I do not get that far gets to about 75% then I get an error message as shown above - thanks.

Oh another thing why is this free yet its for sale at major flight sim stores ?

Rich Sennett

Because it's not the same utility I believe.

EFB shows you where you are on moving map. Might be worth a look if you get lost a lot and contains a huge amount else besides.

Remember very few airports actually use follow me cars, so you might want to swot up on the ground chart before you land/depart. Unless it's somewhere like CDG, where I get hopelessly lost within 500 m of the runway.

Oh another thing why is this free yet its for sale at major flight sim stores ?

That would be version 1. The developer was working on version 2 but dropped working on it and decided to release the beta for free.

BTW Strange to see you're having so much problems with it. If you want to, I could mail you my installer to see if it makes any difference? PM me if you'd give that a try. I doubt if it will help but you can never know...

The thing about DX10 is it doesn't render airports correctly without the DX10 Fix.  Runways flicker with taxiways, the taxi painted guide lines and the arrow guides flicker and can become entirely invisible if you zoom out. Get the DX10 fix installed and you can see the taxi guides easily, and also from the overhead view.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

Well, pretty old thread but if you switch to top-down view and zoom, the arrows will re-appear.

N99WB

Having read this thread I decided to give FollowMe2 a try with FSX SE. Downloading and installation all proceeded without a hitch but when I invoke the menu I get the message that FollowMe  'is not able to read the Airport Data'

I've tried it at several airports  - default and payware (mainly UK2000) but without success.

I've made sure that all the SimConnects are installed as suggested on the Steam forum and also have MakeRunways and DX10 fixer installed in case that's relevant

I can only assime that FollowMe2 is incompatible with FSX SE but maybe someone has a solution.

I'm using W10 64 btw

I

Hallo Jan van E,

Is it still possible to mail me the add-on after 5 years??

Thanks in advance, best regards Freek (PH-FGM)

l have been using FollowMe ever since it first came out . l have actually several versions and only one works with 

a bit of trying on my Windows 10 , 64 bit . The only drawback l find is that when you request "follow up to the gates"

and you have to answer to the designated gate by ATC , it only has 8 gate numbers to chose from .

l usually fly to and from custom airports with more tha 8 gates , mostly with custom aircraft and have no problem

excepy the one l mentioned .

One thing though . When installing l check the compatibility to Win 7 , and install the program as administrator .