Sign in to follow this  
Bigmack

Fly The Maddog SP2 Released

Have anyone tried this new 3.3 upgrade for $37.00. There's a very vague description of what the new improvements are. Just wonder if anyone $$ on mystery upgrade. 

Bill McIntyre

Asus Rampage V Extreme, Intel Core I7 6950X (10 core)@ 4.5, 32GB's Crucial Ballistics DDR4 MEM, 1 Crucial M.2 4TB SSD, 4 Crucial-2TB SSD, Corsair H115i CPU liquid cooler, NVIDIA RTX 2080TI Founders Edition, LG 34" HD Curved Monitor, 2 Dell 27" Monitors, Sound Blaster Audigy X, 1Kw PC Power & Cooling Power Supply, Corsair Obsidian Full tower Case.  FSX-SE, MFFS 2020, PD3 v5.4, WIN10 Pro x64                                                                                                                                             

It's still the same old Maddog with apparently mostly minor fixes coming with this 3.3 update. Anyone who bought the Maddog Professional can download updated full installer from their Simmarket order page.  

It's still the same old Maddog with apparently mostly minor fixes coming with this 3.3 update. Anyone who bought the Maddog Professional can download updated full installer from their Simmarket order page.  

Plus you need your purchase order as well or your  key  to register it  again

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Thanks for the info. I was hoping they fixed the VNAV issue.

Bill McIntyre

Asus Rampage V Extreme, Intel Core I7 6950X (10 core)@ 4.5, 32GB's Crucial Ballistics DDR4 MEM, 1 Crucial M.2 4TB SSD, 4 Crucial-2TB SSD, Corsair H115i CPU liquid cooler, NVIDIA RTX 2080TI Founders Edition, LG 34" HD Curved Monitor, 2 Dell 27" Monitors, Sound Blaster Audigy X, 1Kw PC Power & Cooling Power Supply, Corsair Obsidian Full tower Case.  FSX-SE, MFFS 2020, PD3 v5.4, WIN10 Pro x64                                                                                                                                             

Thanks for the info. I was hoping they fixed the VNAV issue.

So they didn't?

This is the bug that keeps me from buying the airplane. As trivial as it may seem to some who put the Maddog in the same or better category as the NGX, I think a plane that has a buggy VNAV, reportedly causing the it to stall out if left unattended, is just one of those things that would bother me enough to keep me away.  Also worried about fps having been reported to be the absolute worst of any plane available, concerns about dated graphics (the screenshots don't looks so bad), and sounds that will need to be replaced.  If the VNAV bug was fixed however, I might go for it.

So they didn't?

This is the bug that keeps me from buying the airplane. As trivial as it may seem to some who put the Maddog in the same or better category as the NGX, I think a plane that has a buggy VNAV, reportedly causing the it to stall out if left unattended, is just one of those things that would bother me enough to keep me away.  Also worried about fps having been reported to be the absolute worst of any plane available, concerns about dated sounds, and dated graphics.  If the VNAV bug was fixed however, I might go for it.

Well its not fixed, so keep your money!

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Also worried about fps having been reported to be the absolute worst of any plane available

I've always gotten just as good FPS with the Maddog as with PMDG 737NGX and other comparable planes, at least that shouldn't be a problem. 

Anyway I hope the VNAV will be fixed in the next completely updated version whenever it comes out. 

I've always gotten just as good FPS with the Maddog as with PMDG 737NGX and other comparable planes, at least that shouldn't be a problem. 

Anyway I hope the VNAV will be fixed in the next completely updated version whenever it comes out.

I agree...no issues with FPS here.

Still learning the ins and outs of this aircraft so forgive my ignorance...but what is the VNAV issue and how does it affect this aircraft? So far, I haven't seen any issue with VNAV.

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

Have anyone tried this new 3.3 upgrade for $37.00.

No she doesn't cost $37 - it's a free upgrade, and as Wayne said - what VNAV issue? For almost every VNAV complaint on the Maddog forum - a r/w pilot will often jump in and advise on the correct procedure.

Quoting Olivier Moens, one of the most experienced Maddog pilots:

It is normal that your IAS begins to fall after the mach crossover. At the mach crossover, the reference is a fixed number of Mach.

The higher you fly, the lower the IAS for the same MACH, (as the speed) of sound speed is slower in colder, high altitude air than (it is) close to the ground.

Flying at fixed MACH number avoids the plane to exceed MMO.

But if you fly too high, you will come closer to stall speed in IAS. If your plane is too loaded or unbalanced, you will reach the stall incidence and speed lower and sooner.

The place where Stall speed is the same as MMO, and thus where your lowest possible speed is the same as your higher possible speed is called coffin corner. It is dependent on atmospheric condition, CG and weight.

--------------------

Regards,

Olivier Moens

Callsign: BLE1221

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

No she doesn't cost $37 - it's a free upgrade, and as Wayne said - what VNAV issue? For almost every VNAV complaint on the Maddog forum - a r/w pilot will often jump in and advise on the correct procedure.

Quoting Olivier Moens, one of the most experienced Maddog pilots:

We all know about that part of flying the plane. The VNAV issue I'm speaking of is when you select mach or IAS, to pick up speed, the nose dive below the horizon or the AC decrease ALT to gain speed instead of using  Engine thrust as climb power. Transitioning from IAS to mach above FL 260 should not cause the plane to descend in ALT. it should just lower the nose a few degrees until it pick up enough speed to continue its climb.

Bill McIntyre

I use Leonardo Maddog from 2008 and that never happened to me. There are some steps to folow, and some guides all over the internet - how to corectly load and set Maddog in FSX. You will get 0 issues after you learn that.

It's harder to learn real procedures and other great stuff about this plane, this is really not for occasional simmers.

For your VNAV bugg, there is the one specific step during autopilot settings - on the ground, change to mach mode and change the preset 0.50 to 0.76 - 0.78. No problems at all in flight after that. Just take this step like one more item in "before start checklist"

Regarding this vnav bug you're talking about, I can say that I flew hundred of hours with this aircraft and never had any problem with it...

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

I use Leonardo Maddog from 2008 and that never happened to me. There are some steps to folow, and some guides all over the internet - how to corectly load and set Maddog in FSX. You will get 0 issues after you learn that.

It's harder to learn real procedures and other great stuff about this plane, this is really not for occasional simmers.

For your VNAV bugg, there is the one specific step during autopilot settings - on the ground, change to mach mode and change the preset 0.50 to 0.76 - 0.78. No problems at all in flight after that. Just take this step like one more item in "before start checklist"

Thank you for the explanation.  At least somebody finally acknowledges that it is actually a bug.  Given the easy workaround you've described, that can be done pre-flight, you've convinced me it isn't too big an issue, or a valid reason alone not to buy.  Still, I wonder what overall experience or learning challenge this old plane could offer that isn't provided by the likes of the NGX, Level-D 767, or several others.   A major revision to current FSX standards would be a major enticement, but a minor update that doesn't appear to address any of the issues that I've been reading about for years doesn't seem to provide any greater incentive to make the plunge.  It appears that the Maddog can be considered one of the "legendary" planes ever made for MSFS, but it's probably not for me, because the last thing I need is another Efis/Fms/glass style airliner.   You know I want it though, or I wouldn't be participating in this thread! :P

Still, I wonder what overall experience or learning challenge this old plane could offer that isn't provided by the likes of the NGX, Level-D 767, or several others. A major revision to current FSX standards would be a major enticement, but a minor update that doesn't appear to address any of the issues that I've been reading about for years doesn't seem to provide any greater incentive to make the plunge. It appears that the Maddog can be considered one of the "legendary" planes ever made for MSFS, but it's probably not for me, because the last thing I need is another Efis/Fms/glass style airliner.

1. The challenge is complete icing effects simulation, and complete engine failure simulation (hotstart, overheating by too much thrust, compressor stalls). None of the PMDG's or Level-D's have all that.

2. MD-82 - as well as B757 and B767 - are not glass cockpit. They have separate altitude and airspeed instruments. A glass cockpit is only one with a PFD that includes both airspeed and altitude measurement.