Sign in to follow this  
Leen3131cs

AVSIM / X-Plane forum growing FAST!

Hi guys .

Not long ago there were two X-Plane forums , you all know wich.

OK there was also AVSIM , we all know not so much happenend there except from some quarrels.

Speaking about the other two ,one forum was BIG and the other much smaller ( less participants and less posts)

I am amazed to see how quick things can change.

Today I did some counting on the "General-fora"

The big one counted 33 topics in the last ten days.

The smaller one 16.

BUT

Here at AVSIM we had 77 being opened at the General forum the last ten days.( and NO serious quarrels!!!)

Just for the record.

Cheers

Leen

forumlogopaintmod.png

"Non licet omnibus volare cum aquilis" (Azzurro)

Visit Flybike-Paints

That's great news for AVSIM as well as the X-PLANE community! This kind of news makes it harder for me to keep myself from switching to X-PLANE!

Keep it up, X-PLANE will be the leader... soon!

No need to be a leader , its no competition.
X-Plane is growing/developing fast (damn fast!!)

I am happy to see AVSIM is a great home for X-Plane-users too.
Many FSX users who want to explore X-Plane can stay "in our AVSIM home"

forumlogopaintmod.png

"Non licet omnibus volare cum aquilis" (Azzurro)

Visit Flybike-Paints

Hope the library may grow too.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Alexander Colka

It's Great to come to a forum and hear and see new things for X-Plane without the trolling/bickering.I always enjoy it here.

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

Won't be long until 2,000 threads in this forum...

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

Yeah, all this talk of X-Plane has got me to reinstall it. Again.

It seems I'm always on the move between FSX, P3D, DCS and X-Plane. Id say DCS is the favorite right now, but then it's sortof not competing with the others. Yet. 

Yes, flight and systems-model wise DCS is my preferred flightsim ever, but:

1) The military aspects do not appeal to me

2) I do believe a well designed aircraft for X-Plane10 will be able to perform closely to the best DCS modules

Also...

3) In XPX I can fly everywhere in the World

4) Weather is way better in XPX than in DCS ( or any other sim... )

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

It's true. The X-Plane forum here at avsim is one of my favourite hang outs. Apart from the odd tiff that can get out of hand NBC both sides, I've found this place to be informative and lively without being to sycophantic. It's just the right place to be to catch up with everything x plane that crops up. Now if we could break the stranglehold the 'bigger' forum has on x-plane freeware and utilities, we'd never need to go anywhere else.

May the x plane forums continue to grow.

Best wishes,

Jess B

I would agree that this is a nice place to be for community. Looking forward to a larger number of participants as XPX gets more appealing to those who are on the fence.

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

I know I never used to come here for X-Plane anything but that has changed. I'm a daily visitor as the X-Plane forums here have grown very nicely! Keep up the good work everyone. 

Is it done yet? When will it be released? Will it be freeware or payware? How much will it cost? Any updates on the progress? Will it work for Xbox? Can I be a beta tester? How's the performance in VR?

I prefer the readability of the posts here when it comes to X-plane and also it seems easier to get questions answered. Don't think the library will ever grow here though.

Ok, a week or so after reinstalling X-Plane 10 to check out the progress I think I can officially declare myself a convert. So there I said it. This is the best civilian sim available (just my opinion). 

I cannot see how FSX could possibly win me back now. It's so good to be free of popping and blurries and endless tweaking. XPX just works, and works very nice. Sorry if this comes across as FSX-bashing, it's not the intention. P3D 2.0 might level the scores, we'll see. 

I'll add though that I am not a big iron guy and rarely used ATC in FSX anyway. No doubt those are important reasons for many simmers to stay in FSX.

I put this comment here in this thread because it is intended for the X-plane crowd, I dont wanna start or continue any versus discussion  :lol:

I just wanted to say how impressed I am with XPX. I want to shout it! I've seen the light! At least at night, night lighting in XPX oh boy batman!

It is really good, it's becoming great. There's still a ton of addons I'm missing from FSX (which is why I still play it more than XP), missing seasons from XP, no stock airport buildings, annoying as hell clickspots in the VC etc. Not to mention the SASL OOM issues (which should be fixed really soon for most addons if not already fixed).

But I've had XP for about 4 months and its slowly growing on me.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I'm actually really enjoying the stock King Air.  It's the only plane they seem to upgrade graphically.  Does about 240 ktas under 10,000 - decent.  And it looks good ...  (cruising over Santa Barbara)

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r43/ryanbatc/xp10kingair.jpg~original

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |