Sign in to follow this  
Leen3131cs

AVSIM / X-Plane forum growing FAST!

Sounds nice, I havent flown a stock aircraft for ages. I might have to give them a try again. 

I'm all consumed with the brilliant MU-2 1.5 and the beutiful updated Carenado C-185 (best looking VC to date?).

Does the MU work in 64bit?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

It has just been updated by Tom Kyler. Advertised as fully 64 bit compatible, version 1.5.

I'm actually really enjoying the stock King Air.  It's the only plane they seem to upgrade graphically.  Does about 240 ktas under 10,000 - decent.  And it looks good ...  (cruising over Santa Barbara)

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r43/ryanbatc/xp10kingair.jpg~original

I agree.  That is the only default aircraft that I have enjoyed flying in either FSX or X-Plane.

It has just been updated by Tom Kyler. Advertised as fully 64 bit compatible, version 1.5.

I heard some people still having OOM related (gizmo/sasl/etc) CTD's with 10.22 - what version are you running and is it stable?  Seems I always buy addons that don't work (still waiting for Carenado A36 ver 2.0 with memory tweaks to come out so I can actually fly it in X64)

Though I will say my BK117 has been working very well but it's slow hehe!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I heard some people still having OOM related (gizmo/sasl/etc) CTD's with 10.22 - what version are you running and is it stable?

Hi Ryan,

I'm running 10.22 RC1 at the moment. I'm pretty much exclusively running the Carenado 172 and have had no OOMs or any instability since Dan Klaue updated it. As for Gizmo, I'm waiting for the 4forces Cessna 152 to get updated (go and have a look at his latest screens) and of course, the LES Saab to be released. Tom's MU-2 is on my wish list for sure.

I heard some people still having OOM related (gizmo/sasl/etc) CTD's with 10.22

I have yet to hear of any Gizmo OOM crashes. SASL on the other hand, yes. I think it's a mixture of older and newer SASL versions out there.

Gizmo is fully compliant with the new LUA spec and should not have any OOM issues at all. The MU-2 is fully compatible (only, actually) with 64-bit X-Plane.

As for Gizmo, I'm waiting for the 4forces Cessna 152 to get updated (go and have a look at his latest screens) and of course, the LES Saab to be released.

The 152 is not a Gizmo driven product (for now, anyhow). The Saab most definitely is.

Founder of X-Aviation

Since reinstalling XPX a week or so ago I've not had any issues with the MU-2. Although I've only logged 4-6 hours in it (in 64 bit).

Don't think the library will ever grow here though.

Whahaha...............thats an odd thought.

Some facts.

Till fifteen days ago there were only 21 downloads the x-plane skin-library .

Today we have 52 downloadable skins.

During these fifteen days they generated more than fourhundred downloads.

( generated by the new placed files only)

Its quiet useless to upload to a Library. wich has no visitors.

Things have changed and are still rapidly.

Be assured the Library will grow too.

As soon as serious painters discover the AVSIM Library , they will bring their efforts there too. ( like Michel Theriault and I did )

We should do advertising for AVSIM by showing screenshots on other fora and telling the community.

"Do you like this livery , I downloaded it at AVSIM"

In other words lets go for it , lets make AVSIM- X-Plane big, BIG!!!

We can do it!!

Cheers

Leen

forumlogopaintmod.png

"Non licet omnibus volare cum aquilis" (Azzurro)

Visit Flybike-Paints

The more big places the better.  

To make X-Plane big though we need multiple hubs, not just one; so walk around and explore other X-Plane forums as well.  

Dom

I agree , I did not say we need just one.

Making AVSIM stronger by telling about AVSIM by means of screenshots telling where the skin comes from, on OTHER fora is what I have in mind.

That will create traffic to our lib. and our forum as well.

Thats why I give links to different websites on my own homepage too.

http://www.flybike-paints.nl

forumlogopaintmod.png

"Non licet omnibus volare cum aquilis" (Azzurro)

Visit Flybike-Paints

I have yet to hear of any Gizmo OOM crashes. SASL on the other hand, yes. I think it's a mixture of older and newer SASL versions out there.

Gizmo is fully compliant with the new LUA spec and should not have any OOM issues at all. The MU-2 is fully compatible (only, actually) with 64-bit X-Plane.

The Saab most definitely is.

Thanks for the reply. I'm just getting into XP (64 only) and I want to make informed purchase decisions from now on (and I want addons to work hehe).

Does anyone know if there's a bizjet or biz prop in the making that will have navigraph support? Since RXP isn't working in 64bit I'd really love to have that type of functionality restored.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

I agree , I did not say we need just one.

Making AVSIM stronger by telling about AVSIM by means of screenshots telling where the skin comes from, on OTHER fora is what I have in mind.

That will create traffic to our lib. and our forum as well.

Thats why I give links to different websites on my own homepage too.

http://www.flybike-paints.nl

xplane users / authors / downloaders will not shift from the xplane hub at .org - they are there since long long long time. Main xplane developers from Laminar Research are also based there and offer forum live contact; which make a nice connection to their users / supporters.