Sign in to follow this  

Norway!

really? no one got my " "NORWAY" ANYONE WOULD WANT TO PASS IT UP" joke? :(

I got it. But usually jokes are to be laughed about, not to reply to. :P

Waiting for some example screenshots with FTXG, then I will pull the trigger and download.

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

aon 3.41 mediafire link is down, it is for me, help please ;)

Correct: I see a new version has been released yesterday:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/80f8cyd2snuztzm/AoN+3.42.zip

Pity I can't update that post anymore...

There also is a new photoreal background for ENBR:

http://www.mediafire.com/?rxkh7cputh3t03b

Waiting for some example screenshots with FTXG, then I will pull the trigger and download.

Here I posted a few takes at a higher altitude. I also posted a few at a lower altitude, but I can't find them right now...

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/414569-ftx-global-norway-with-freeware-large-pictures/

EDIT

Found them:

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/414488-ftx-global-autogen-caution-large-files/

Jeroen - thanks!

I had to manipulate a couple of the ENBR files (bugs not in my control) ... so here's a link to the fixed AoN 3.42.

http://www.mediafire.com/?80f8cyd2snuztzm

Replace the Airports of Norway folder - do NOT overwrite.

Replace the effects (decompress to your main FSX folder) - YES to overwrite.

AoN 3,42 is out, because ENBR now has custom runway, apron, taxiways. It is also out due to FTXG adjustments. When all the photosceneries are tuned, I will upload AoN 3.4x and the tuned photos to Flightsim.com.

Check new screenies here:

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/415098-airports-of-norway-with-ftx-global/?view=getnewpost

Thanks Jeroen for previews!

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

Jeroen - thanks!

No, thank YOU!!! ^_^

Thanks Jeroen for previews!

You're welcome! The Norway freeware really is a must have, a no brainer!!! If you want to fly in Norway you just HAVE to have that freeware scenery!

Hi Guys - at point 6, when I try to download the 10 files, most have invalid links (invalid or deleted files).  Is there another source? Thanks, IAN

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

Hi Guys - at point 6, when I try to download the 10 files, most have invalid links (invalid or deleted files).  Is there another source? Thanks, IAN

I am beginning to lose track of all those photoreal sceneries... Of course you can use the rest without these! I will see if I can find where they all are. Using Mediafire for every new version isn't ideal but well, it's freeware, so we can't complain. ^_^ Hopefully one day everything will be uploaded to one site somewhere so everyone can download everything without having to go through too much trouble.

Sorry, forgot what Loke posted yesterday:

When all the photosceneries are tuned, I will upload AoN 3.4x and the tuned photos to Flightsim.com.

So be patient, all will be there for download soon! ^_^

I'm a long time user with AoN and also the most recent one with the photo scenerys that are out on flihtsim.no. It's beautiful, but there's one thing I can't figure out:

When I look at Andrews screenies of the photoreal scenerys (both at orbx forum and at flightsim.no), I notice that his runway textures fit very well in colour with the suroundings, as opose to mine, which stand out very much (apart from ENLI which has all photoreal textures).

I use REX textures, and even the brightest one of them (including REX "default") for asphalt and concrete runways, are way to dark compared to the phototexture.

Any suggestions on how I can get my AoN runway texture to fit the phototexture?

Joeren, i used all these files, aon, norway mesh etc a while back when i had ultimate terrain x. Now I have orbx global and i dont want to go back to utx so i wonder about the readme txt regarding library entries, they all explain as if you were using utx, i cant find any explainations on library entries using ftx global and aon, aon ground, nsxII and nsx exclude, norway mesh etc.

In use with utx you really had to mix the order, but now with ftx global do i just place all the norway files on top of orbx files??? Are you using the Norway files with ftx global? if yes, could you show me your library entries? Thx in advance.

I'm not Jeroen, but I can try explaining how this works. First of all, there is no reason to get rid of UTX, it co-exists in perfect harmony with FTXG, in fact, I would recommend using it alongside with FTXG. Its GEX thats not comaptible as it does the same thing as FTXG, replaces textures.

Second, if you still don't want UTX, and already have uninstalled it, there are a few entries in library thats not there anymore. Disregard all UTX entries and put the Norwayscenerys as described in i documentation.

So, if you have only FTXG and Norway scenery it should look something like this;

FTXAA_ORBXLIBS

ORBX!OPENLC_EUROPE!

ORBX!OPENLC_BASE

Airports of Norway

Norske Broer(Norway Bridges)

norway_roads

NSX_II

NSX_II_Exclude

NSX1(this may be called something different, its a few files that make the northern part of Norway more correct nad was primarly inteded for FS9)

Norway_mesh

Addon Scenery

If you still want to use UTX(you really should), it would look like this;

FTXAA_ORBXLIBS

ORBX!OPENLC_EUROPE!

ORBX!OPENLC_BASE

Airports of Norway

Norske Broer(Norway Bridges)

norway_roads

NSX_II

NSX_II_Exclude

UT Europe Airports

UT FSX Waterclass

UT FSX Object Repos

UT Europe Streams

UT Europa Water

UT Europe Railroads

UT Europe Roads

UT Landclass - Custom

UT Landclass - Urban

NSX1

UT Landclass - vegetation

UT Europe Lighting

UT Exclusions for Default Scenery

Norway_mesh

Addon Scenery

Just remember to disable the UTX nightlighting in the UTX control panel.

Hope this helps:-)

Ryzen 9 5900X || Gigabyte RTX 4090 Windforce 24G || G.Skill TridentZ 32GB@3600CL16 || Asus ROG Strix Gaming-E X570
XPG SX8200 Pro 2TB M.2 NVMe || Corsair iCUE H115i PRO XT || Phanteks Eclipse P500A D-RGB || Phanteks Revolt Pro 1000W
Gigabyte 43'' FV43U 4k@144hz || X55 Rhino || G27 || Oculus Quest 2 || Turtle Beach Velocity One

Good answers, A+ on both counts. I didnt know i could use utx with orbx global with the norway combination. I have utx so then i will follow your advice and put it back. Thanks a lot.

Thanks for the excellent explanation, Bionor! ^_^ I also still use UTX Europe with FTXG and the freeware Norway and would advice everyone to do so!!!

BTW 'NSX1' is called 'Norway_Scenic_LC' in the downloads I linked to. In the past you had to download an older version of NSX and create that folder yourself but with the latest version of NXSII this folder is included, which is very convenient.

Maybe if you download everything I linked to you will have some more (or different) entries in the Scenery library but the most important ones are in the post of Bionor so all should be good. The most important thing you should be watching is where the Norway entries are in between the UTX ones.