Sign in to follow this  
Joseph29

Captain Sim C-130 question

About 2 years ago I upgraded my computer and I thought I did not have my Captain Sim C-130 exe file anymore. Well I found it a little while ago on a old external hard drive.

My question is will the Captain Sim C-130 work on Windows 7/8?

(I can't just try it because I can't find my activation code. I will ask Captain Sim about that)

I got most of my FS9 stuff installed into W7 rather easily. A few W2000/pre-XP installers don't work anymore, not even in compatiblility mode.

Just try the C-130 and make sure to check the CS knowledge base for all known installation issues there.

Hi.

If you have trouble with Win 7 compatibility...

I work in an industrial control systems service and repair facility. Some of our products are old enough that the relevant software applications aren't compatible with Win 7, my company's preferred os. I've recently seen a couple of PCs here with XP installed within Win 7. See the link below.

Given the size of the download I suspect it's nearly a complete XP that can be installed within 7 and will allow you to run XP compatible applications directly instead of messing about with compatibility modes.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8002

Best regards,

Dave

Just for your information, I have the FS9 Captain Sim C-130 (CD version) installed and running well without any problems (so far!) on Win 7, without needing an installation of XP within Win 7.

Bill

I have the CS C130 and F104 and have zero problems running them both on Win 7.

Thanks guys. As soon as I get the activation code from Captain Sim I will install this plane again. All this time I didn't think I still had the exe for the plane.