Sign in to follow this  
Kenzo

PMDG Dash 8 development

Hello,

I know, jet another dash8 topic. Anyway, will the development on the Dash 8 be continued after finishing the 777 / 747v2? I know it was put on ice, but I can't find anything about for how long etc. I don't want to be a whiner and I don't need release date's etc, just interested in wheter it will be finished or not.

I never really was into this type of aircraft, but after my holiday in Norway I don't want anything else lol. It's insane to see them land and take off from such short runways.

dash8.jpg

I know about the Q400 from the other developer, but I prefer the -200 variant. I also know the aircraft in the picture above is a -100.

Lucas de Wit

sig1.png
sig2.png

I don't think so.  Majestic has an amazing Dash 8-400 out and are working on the 100/300.  PMDG have a bit of a record of announcing things that never materialize, such as the "we are getting into the Airbus business" announcement from a few years ago.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

That's a bit dissapointing. I still hope they will finish it though. I didn't knew about the Majestic 100/300, but that one will probably take a while. I remember their Q400 was in development for ages? Anyway I heard that their Q400 is a beast, will probably buy that one soon..

sig1.png
sig2.png

I believe beast is street slang for good :smile:

Lucas - I imagine the Q100/Q300 development will not take as long as the Q400, as I imagine a lot of the underlying system development etc. will be at least partly portable from their Q400! It's a pretty cool aircraft! A PMDG quality ATR72 would be really cool!

That's a bit dissapointing. I still hope they will finish it though. I didn't knew about the Majestic 100/300, but that one will probably take a while. I remember their Q400 was in development for ages? Anyway I heard that their Q400 is a beast, will probably buy that one soon..

Development only took around two years...of the fsx version anyway.

Any chance on a reply from someone at PMDG about this?

sig1.png
sig2.png

I talked to RSR personally at the reno air races a few years back- According to him there never was any intention of doing an airbus. The announcement was simply one of ' throw your competitors off the trail'.

We all k now FSSL and lefty( I know he hates that name) will most likely have the airbus market covered.

Majestic seems to have the Dashs' under control.

Peter Osborn

I believe beast is street slang for good :smile:

Yes I know but that is used a lot in the FS world when people are describing an addon that brings your computer to its knees.

I talked to RSR personally at the reno air races a few years back- According to him there never was any intention of doing an airbus. The announcement was simply one of ' throw your competitors off the trail'.

That may be what is being said now but at the time we had no way of knowing that and generally tend to take a quality outfit like PMDG at its word.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

I am very happy with the Majestic way of doing the dash-8. So I say let PMDG focus on the rest of the 737 series, along with the 747, 777 and DC-6, and let Majestic cover the Dash8's. It would have to be a very good rendition of the Dash8 for me to choose it over whatever Majestic puts out.

And JanJaap, it is in fact a -200 you have in your picture. LN-WSB is one of three -200's in the Widerøe fleet.

F16_driver you're right, i thought I only shot -100's! From what i've seen and read the Majestic q400 is awesome and I will buy it definately soon, but I guess I would prefer a PMDG dash8 over a Majestic one..

sig1.png
sig2.png

I believe beast is street slang for good

It is street slang for Good this week, next week it may mean something totally different in street slang.

That is why it is always better to use normal speech, in this case English, that way all those older than 12 will be able to understand you.

I guess after the 747V2 and B777 , PMDG should shift to Airbuses! Imagine what it would be like to have a PMDG AIRBUS! Btw FSlabs one is quite for a long time :/ :(

1y329d.jpg

I dont see anything wrong with the Majestic Q and its pretty outstanding systems depth. They will be working on the smaller dashes, so why would PMDG do it. Im sure they have a lot of respect for other devs which put out alot of hard work and quality as the new Q. Same reason I believe they alluded to forgoing the 767 out of respect for level D. That may be different now as it is aged, but the principle is the same. 

I would imagine that FSlabs and a couple others will remain with the airbusses covered, and PMDG will most likely continue where the business relationship strength is. That of with Boeing.  To get aircraft systems depth like they have, they must have some sort of special relationship to get all the data required. And probably not cheap, but not something you would give up or forget about.

You can be respectful of your competitors, while at the same time being competitive by raising the bar and setting the standard as they have done. 

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

It is street slang for Good this week, next week it may mean something totally different in street slang.

That is why it is always better to use normal speech, in this case English, that way all those older than 12 will be able to understand you.

So you're saying I'm 12 years old or less? Did it ever come up to you that English might not be my mother tongue?

sig1.png
sig2.png