Sign in to follow this  
FSX737Pilot

Acceleration installation and CFG file

Acceleration does not install SP2, only SP1. Acceleration/SP2 contain code to make sure individuals who install the freeware SP2 cannot use the product addons in Acceleration. I have found that having both SP2/Acceleration installed has caused CTD's.

Best regards,

Jim

No, no, no... Acceleration = SP1+SP2. And there is no such a code, actually - SP2 was made to ensure multiplayer compatibility with Acceleration.

But i still recomend use of SP1+SP2, no Acceleration. I tested this on many computers, not only mine, and Acceleration was buggy in most of cases.

SP1+SP2 will perform better, i saw +10fps and better smoothnest on SP2 vs Acceleration on same system and same configuration.

Is not only about mission pack, one plane and garmin panel... They have different autogen and different atmosphere for example. Also, there are some examples of planes which flies realy high and fast, they cannot reach max speed with acceleration etc...

No, no, no... Acceleration = SP1+SP2. And there is no such a code, actually - SP2 was made to ensure multiplayer compatibility with Acceleration.

Again, Acceleration does not install SP2.  Please do some research before posting erroneous information - http://blogs.msdn.com/b/ptaylor/archive/2007/10/02/acceleration-and-sp2.aspx .  It takes me a lot of time to go out and do the research myself to correct your bad information. For one, SP2 was released much later than Acceleration so why should it be installed before Acceleration? And DX10 in SP2 and Acceleration are the reasons for better performance, not the SP.  Anyway, just read the first paragraph in the link.  It contains all the information from the lead FSX developer.  You also want to read the 3d post down from Phil in the comments section about the coding.  I try to post the most accurate data I can find about a topic but it is all subject to many interpretations.  Effective communications is difficult no matter where you live on Planet Earth. 

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Again, Acceleration does not install SP2. Please do some research before posting erroneous information - http://blogs.msdn.com/b/ptaylor/archive/2007/10/02/acceleration-and-sp2.aspx . It takes me a lot of time to go out and do the research myself to correct your bad information. For one, SP2 was released much later than Acceleration so why should it be installed before Acceleration? And DX10 in SP2 and Acceleration are the reasons for better performance, not the SP. Anyway, just read the first paragraph in the link. It contains all the information from the lead FSX developer. You also want to read the 3d post down from Phil in the comments section about the coding. I try to post the most accurate data I can find about a topic but it is all subject to many interpretations. Effective communications is difficult no matter where you live on Planet Earth.

Best regards,

Jim

This is from above link:

"Acceleration has RTM’ed. Acceleration Pack contains the SP2 fixes; including both DX9 and DX10 work..."

And in that post below:

"We performed careful integrations between both the Acceleration and SP2 products to make "embed" the SP2 code into the Acceleration build so it also contains the fixes in SP2, for both DX9 and DX10"

I still can't understand why you said that acceleration does not install SP2... Yes, SP2 was realased after acceleration, i have posted that recently here in forums too. But they are suposed to have same fixes, only that acceleration have a couple of missions, a plane etc... Becouse it's payware. And it's normal marketing move for payware acceleration to be realised first. I said also in my first post in this thread that OP should install only sp1+sp2 or only acceleration.

And about that code, again, SP2 was made to ensure multiplayer compatibility with Acceleration.

They are definitely two separate products, we know that. When i say that Acceleration will install SP2, i mean that Acceleration will install SP2 fixes and DX9 and DX10 work. Is there something else to install from SP2?

Just to make it clear, In performance comparision i was talking only about DX9 performance, i don't use DX10

Jim, English is my third language and I accept the possibility that i didn't understand well what you tried to say. But this is clear to me - acceleration and sp2

in the same thread Phil Taylor also said:

Phil Taylor  4 Oct 2007 5:28 PM #

Obert,

yes you will only need the SP2 download if you dont purchase Acceleration