Sign in to follow this  
Guest jase439

Hey Shez, we have some KSNA problems....

Hey Shez, every time I change this line past 19 in the FS9 config file to take advantage of the latest 9.1 patch updates,'TERRAIN_MAX_VERTEX_LEVEL=21'(when landing into KSNA from say KPHX) Santa Ana's ground textures sink into the ground slightly.Can you release a fix for those of us who would like to take advantage of FS9.1's enhancements???Thanks Shez for your hard work, I hope we see Long Beach updated as well (Home of the 717)...

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

** Bump ** Just looking for Shez to respond to this one. I'll try his email...

FS2020 

Thanks... :-)

FS2020 

I've got some serious potholes at KSNA. I can't taxi to 19R without sinking into a whole ending my whole flight...:-hmmm Can anyone help???

FS2020 

Replies now offline on email. Shez

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"

Well I solved the problem through trial and error and some serious thread browsing. Here's what worked for me:I deleted the scenery in FS2k4 and moved the location of the scenery on my HD to FS2k4's 'Addon Scenery' folder (I had the KSNA2004 scenery folder in another location outside FS2k4). After reinserting it via FS2k4's scenery manager, I found the AI to be sunken in the ground so I downloaded a program called JABBGL (jabbgl_134445.zip) to edit the height of the airport.edetroit posted this tip."execute jabbgl and goto C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator 9SceneryNamwSceneryAP916200scroll down and look for John Wayne-Orange Co ...double click on it and change the airport elevation to 17.359 meters"Problems are now solved with KSNA, onto the next issue with Flight Simulator.Maybe it's just me but there always seems to be something to tweak and fix in every version of Flight Simulator. It never ends.... :-wave

FS2020 

I guess I spoke too soon about KSNA, it seems I still have aircraft landing with wheels embedded in the ground. Aircraft that are already at the airport appear as they should but arriving AI aircraft are rolling around on their bellies like before... Any suggestions anyone??? :-hang

FS2020 

Just departed 19L. No taxiing or sunken AI problems here. Did you replace Shezs' ap...bgl with the one in the AFCAD package? For what it's worth I didn't.