Sign in to follow this  
Tatave

A2A Simulations 25% OFF SALE!

I'd been debating the Spitfire for while. That ended this morning. Must resist the Stratocruiser... May prove futile.

I can only buy one.  I have no A2A products now.  Which do you recommend? Is the Stratocruiser a no-brainer buy here or should I consider something else too?     

If you like GA, looking out the window, the Cub is a no brainer. If you prefer warbirds, go with taste. The Mustang is the latest, so will be the most refined - and there is the civil Mustang if that floats your boat. The big Boeing sounds like one very in depth piece of kit, which is part of the reason I'm hesitant. That said... big, oily, noisy radials.... noice.

B377 tempted but I can barely find time to fly what I currently own.  $50 is still not cheap enough for something I'd barely use.

This is too good to pass up...I'll barely use the 377, but I love the Aerosoft Catalina and the An-2 for the same exact reasons I'm gonna love this Stratocruiser.

For anyone debating the Spit, or Cub, or Mustang. You have to try it to believe it. The Spit is a true pain to manage well but is gorgeous, arguably more so than the Mustang. They both are amazingly complex, yet once you get the hang of things they come second nature. A total bargain now!

Every A2A plane is excellent, just pick what is your fancy.  The Civil P-51 for those who want a fast GA, Cub for those who want slow simplistic GA.  All the warbirds are great. 

The 377 COTS package is one of the most complete airliner simulations out there, it will teach you a lot about managing a vintage airliner, especially for those looking forward to the PMDG DC-6.

Cheers

TJ

Accufeel is amazing. I have every A2A plane except the 377 (sounds a bit daunting), but Accufeel's effects for taxiing, wind, turbulence and stall conditions are not to be missed. Plus you can tweak the defaults it infers for every plane you fly, until the cows come home.

There is a small issue sometimes with turbulence, if you experience it (I haven't), it's easy to turn off per plane.

Don't need to turn it on for any of the Accusimmed planes.

Definitely get the whole pkg (plane with Accusim) if you buy any of them, night and day difference in the experience.

I've been holding off on the single-engine warbirds (I found the P-47 a great but very demanding experience, so I haven't come in on the Spit, P-40 or Mustang).  But I've been toying with the idea and this is going to push me over.  Looks like I'm about to become an Accusim completist.

..the 377 (sounds a bit daunting)...

I avoided it for that reason until the Captain of the Ship upgrade came along.  The complexity is still there if you want it but the automated crew makes it quite manageable -- there's a lot you can delegate, including all the engine management to the flight engineer.  I've found it easier to work with than many other multi-engine transports.  Actually it was the crew automation on the B-17 that got me into big multi-engine aircraft, which I love in real life but always steered clear of in the sim, since I don't like to micromanage.  A2A has done a very good job of expanding my flightsim horizions.

Wow, just realised that there's only ONE A2A product I don't have... That being the P47 Razorback!!!

Of the A2A Accusim fighter line, the P-47 is the most difficult to fly.  You have to manually control everything, including the supercharger.  If you can handle the P-47, you can handle the others easily.  The Spit, P-40, and P-51 are a bit easier by comparison.  The P-51 is actually quite automated, all you have to really do is fly it, and keep power settings within limitations.   These planes will bite back if mishandled, but they won't blow up if you breath wrong,  they will teach you a lot about being a good pilot.

Cheers

TJ

Why is it I find the B377 ugly? Its like the AMC Pacer of old prop airliners to me.