Sign in to follow this  
delta9857

Can't transmit using Squawkbox

Hi everyone, I am having trouble getting Squawkbox 4 to work and I thought I'd post here as the SB forums don't seem to be very active.

Basically, I have everything set up and can tune to frequencies and hear other traffic and the controllers speaking, but when I try to transmit I get the annoying buzzer sound that means there is an error and my message is not being recieved. Now I'm fairly sure my mic isn't at fault here as I use it on TeamSpeak regularly and have set it up within SB4.

After a look on Google people are saying that it is something to do with port forwarding and stopping the firewall from blocking it and I've tried both of these to no avail. I was wondering if anyone had any other suggestions?

Please help, I really want to fly on VATSIM!

Cheers,

Oli

You need to set up your ptt key.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Tom

"I just wanna tell you both: good luck. We're all counting on you."

Thanks for the reply, i have set my PTT key as insert but its still not working. I'm really puzzled with this one, Ive tried everything I can think of yet I still haven't made any progress.

Have you opened the correct ports on your router?

Tom

Have you opened the correct ports on your router?

I've tried to open UDP 3290 or whatever it is but I don't have any way to know if its worked. I've also tried to make an exception in Windows Firewall but that doesn't seem to have worked either. Thanks for your help so far :) 

I have about 4 or 5 ports open for squawk box, I am traveling at the moment so hopefully someone can come along and help. If you audio setting are correct it's a firewall/port issue.

Make sure your also running an with admin privileges.

Tom

I tried running as admin but still no luck. I do only have one port open (UDP 3290) though so I'm not sure whether that's the problem or not.

I tried running as admin but still no luck. I do only have one port open (UDP 3290) though so I'm not sure whether that's the problem or not.

My best guess is that there is a port for voice (transmit) as well as traffic that is not being opened by unpn as sb doesn't like to work with unpn. Try searching "required squawk box ports" in google. This should fix your problem.

Tom