Sign in to follow this  
Joseph29

No gear or props with Captain Sim C-130 Pro

After 2+ years I finally got my Captain Sim C-130 Pro re-installed on my Windows 7 computer. It installed fine, but in spot view (on the ground) the plane has no gear or props. Does anyone know how to fix this? I don't remember this problem when I had Windows XP.

I forgot to mention I also don't have any elevator or aileron control (I do have rudder control).

I don't have this model but a Google search brings up the sales outlet of SimMarket and their page states in loud and colourful prose that the model is not Vista compatible, And if it doesn't work with Vista I doubt there is much hope for Windows 7 or 8.

John

My co-pilot's name is Sid and he's a star!

http://www.adventure-unlimited.org

Did you turn off UAC and install as the administrator? If you installed on the C drive x86 folder, you must turn on permissions to allow the software to install in that folder. I have the Just Flight cd version of the CS130. Let me install it back on my system and see if I have the same issue and I'll report back. But to date I have not had any aircraft install on my win7x64 that had issues. And I pretty much have them all.

Bill McIntyre

Asus Rampage V Extreme, Intel Core I7 6950X (10 core)@ 4.5, 32GB's Crucial Ballistics DDR4 MEM, 1 Crucial M.2 4TB SSD, 4 Crucial-2TB SSD, Corsair H115i CPU liquid cooler, NVIDIA RTX 2080TI Founders Edition, LG 34" HD Curved Monitor, 2 Dell 27" Monitors, Sound Blaster Audigy X, 1Kw PC Power & Cooling Power Supply, Corsair Obsidian Full tower Case.  FSX-SE, MFFS 2020, PD3 v5.4, WIN10 Pro x64                                                                                                                                             

Just checked the Just flight web site and it's compatible with both FS9 and FSX and all versions of windows ie (xp, vista, Win 7 and 8). So you should be good to go unless you have an older installer. But you should be able to get the newer installer from where ever you purchased your c130 from.

Bill McIntyre

Asus Rampage V Extreme, Intel Core I7 6950X (10 core)@ 4.5, 32GB's Crucial Ballistics DDR4 MEM, 1 Crucial M.2 4TB SSD, 4 Crucial-2TB SSD, Corsair H115i CPU liquid cooler, NVIDIA RTX 2080TI Founders Edition, LG 34" HD Curved Monitor, 2 Dell 27" Monitors, Sound Blaster Audigy X, 1Kw PC Power & Cooling Power Supply, Corsair Obsidian Full tower Case.  FSX-SE, MFFS 2020, PD3 v5.4, WIN10 Pro x64                                                                                                                                             

The UAC was off during installation (My Flight sim folder is not in the x86 folder anyway). I also re installed the plane again and this time downloaded the C-130 installer from the Captain Sim website, but that didn't help.

I don't have this model but a Google search brings up the sales outlet of SimMarket and their page states in loud and colourful prose that the model is not Vista compatible, And if it doesn't work with Vista I doubt there is much hope for Windows 7 or 8.

John

I asked I another thread here and other people have this plane working with Windows 7.

I reinstalled my CS 130pro in my X86 folder. It installed fine with no issues. I have props and landing gear. But as I said before I have the JS cd version.

Bill McIntyre

I had very similar problems re-installing my CS aircraft.  The short version is nothing worked with all the re-installs and such, but check your fsx.cfg file, in the "trusted" section, a lot of the lines end with a number, such as "=2".  I found a bunch that said "=-2", somewhere, someone suggested changing those to the positive number and it worked.  Others said delete the fsx.cfg file and let FSX rebuild it, but that didn't work for me.  I just went in the fsx.cfg file trusted section and changed every instance of the line ending with a negative number back to it's positive counter part and it worked.  I'm still trying to figure out what it all means or why they changed, but that seemed to fix every aircraft that I had trouble with, add on or default.

Mike

I had very similar problems re-installing my CS aircraft.  The short version is nothing worked with all the re-installs and such, but check your fsx.cfg file, in the "trusted" section, a lot of the lines end with a number, such as "=2".  I found a bunch that said "=-2", somewhere, someone suggested changing those to the positive number and it worked.  Others said delete the fsx.cfg file and let FSX rebuild it, but that didn't work for me.  I just went in the fsx.cfg file trusted section and changed every instance of the line ending with a negative number back to it's positive counter part and it worked.  I'm still trying to figure out what it all means or why they changed, but that seemed to fix every aircraft that I had trouble with, add on or default.

Mike

This is an FS9 install not a FSX. At least that's what I thought he was attempting to install to. 

Bill McIntyre