Sign in to follow this  
abeille

Readout light intensity

My brother, a simmer, has poor eyesight, even with glasses. He flies the Baron 58  in FS9. I'd like to change the readout intensity in the Radio stack. I remember this being done in the Learjet 45, but don't recall where I saw the details. I won't mind changing as well the readout color ( red to yellow on dark background).; particularly for the ALTITUDE . Any ideas, references, tips or tricks  well appreciated. --- We miss you, Opa !.

Thanks

Bob.*

The Panel.cfg does not show much in relation to this matter.

Any ideas, references, tips or tricks well appreciated.

The relevant part of the panel configuration is the section.

Here is a link to a file at Flightsim.com, lost here at AVSIM because of the hack. File name: lights2d.zip. It is just a zip containing a text file that explains how to adjust the section to get different panel lighting 'looks'.

http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib.php?searchid=11555702.

If you don't have access to FlightSim.com please feel free to PM me your email and I'll send the file to you.

The only other way to change the instrument lighting would be to modify the gauge(s) related to each specific instrument.

I hope this is the help you needed.

Regards,

Mel

Here is a link to a file at Flightsim.com, lost here at AVSIM because of the hack. File name: lights2d.zip. It is just a zip containing a text file that explains how to adjust the section to get different panel lighting 'looks'.

Regards,

Mel

Dead link :(

Yeah, you can't link to a search at Flightsim.

Mel did give you the file name however.

regards,

Joe

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

Yes, you can. You just can't copy and paste a search link url without editing it a bit.

Thanks for replying., Mel, Joe etc... I have Flight Sim but no files there.  Google points out to Simviation,, and still zilch.. So Ok to send  at: Rlbance@aol.com. I think I'll also check the SDKs, and see if the gauge can be massaged to the result needed. I may have seen the panel lighting stuff.

Bob.*

Yes, you can. You just can't copy and paste a search link url without editing it a bit.

How typical of you to tell us that something can be done, yet not bother to tell us how.

You sir, are the master of half a loaf.

regards,

Joe

I have Flight Sim but no files there.

It is at Flightsim.com and I found it by searching for the file name.

To avoid further confusion, and I doubt Alex will mind if I post it here, this is what the file says...

Date: Jan. 18, 2002

Re: Lights for Instrument Panels 2D

File name: Lights2d.zip

General idea:

=============

Are you flying at night with Instruments of several colors? Well, some panels are illuminated by derfault settings and/or by several color lights. Some might be red,  some green, some white and others L.E.D. illuminated. It can be confusing for the eye to try to read them if they don't all show in the same way. In your car, all your gauges have the same light. The light outside or around them is ussually even. I've found out that the light outside them has a shade of orange/amber while the lights in the panel are soft-white.

Whith this addition to the end of your panel.cfg you will have even lights, and in the case of planes with Virtual Cockpits your match a little better the intended effects of real world lighting.

I have included two ways to add lights:

1) The first casts an amber flood light -like effect around the panel and a soft-white inside the instruments.

Day=255,255,255

Night=225,117,89

Luminous=220,220,220

2) The second cast no-illumination on the panel and a soft-white inside the instruments:

Day=255,255,255

Night=24, 24, 24

Luminous=220,220,220

As you can see, the parameter Night= is the one thats responsible for the panel light.

You can also de-activate lines or paragraphas in the cfg-format files by using either (;) or (/) like this:

;

;Day=255,255,255

;Night=225,117,89

;Luminous=200,200,101

//for no light in panel green inside instruments in this case

The parameter Luminous= is the one responsible for illuminating the instruments.

This you can paste-and-copy right into the panel.cfg of your choice, and after backing up the original, save it and reload the aircraft. You'll be pleased to correct most (99%) of all FS2002 planes and/or change them the way you want them. It works with the dafault MS and other planes.

Have fun,

alex yanes

Hope this helps.

regards,

Joe

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

How typical of you to tell us that something can be done, yet not bother to tell us how.

Nobody has asked how it is done.

A search at the proper forum will result in the answer.

For Bob: Never ever post your email in the 'open' unless you don't mind lots and lots of spam, that is why I asked if you would PM it.

For Joe: Thanks for covering my six.

For Jim: Made me grin!

Mel