Sign in to follow this  
Pete Dowson

Can OpusFSX please get the route from the loaded FSX Plan?

Hi,

I'm a long-term ActiveSky user, but I've been impressed by the amount of favourable comments about OpusFSX's weather accuracy so I'm trying it for a while. I was already using OpusFSX in any case, but just not for the weather.

One thing I'd love to see implemented is an option to automatically get the flight plan from the same PLN file currently loaded into FSX. This is easy enough to identify -- SimConnect can notify a client program when the plan is loaded, and the full pathname can be obtained.

This would get over one of my major concerns with weather programs which work best when knowing the routing -- I'm always forgetting to input even the destination. The problem really is that I'm in my cockpit, programming the FMS for the route. When that's completed a facility in WideClient is used to automatically load up Radar Contact ATC with the plan, and at the same time loading the plan into FSX. All this is automatic without getting out of the cockpit, which I would need to do to get plan info into a weather program.

If you could do this, pretty please, it would certainly make life very smooth, and I'm sure a lot of other users would find it so too.

Regards

Pete Dowson

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

Please check out our SimForums, the recent Announcements, Coming Soon, and Flight Plan Assistant topics. The latest betas have been improving the facilities and reports for the flight planning assistant (FPA), it also discussed plans to import flight plans from the most common sources, and provide control of the LWE from a networked client system (not requiring FSX or FSUIPC4 installed).

The FPA includes many features and many reports both as text files and in the Opus weather report windows. The import facility will also be developed very soon as a continuance of the current beta dev cycles.

Stephen

Opus Software, on 22 Jun 2013 - 11:21 AM, said:

Please check out our SimForums, the recent Announcements, Coming Soon, and Flight Plan Assistant topics. The latest betas have been improving the facilities and reports for the flight planning assistant (FPA), it also discussed plans to import flight plans from the most common sources, and provide control of the LWE from a networked client system (not requiring FSX or FSUIPC4 installed).

The FPA includes many features and many reports both as text files and in the Opus weather report windows. The import facility will also be developed very soon as a continuance of the current beta dev cycles.

Thanks for the quick reply. I hadn't realised there was another Forum. Maybe I posted my request in the wrong place? Apologies.

However, I've searched those places and though I see there have already been requests for reading FSX or FS9 style PLN files, I can see nothing suggesting any sort of facility to have these loaded by OpusFSX automatically when it receives notification from Simconnect that such a plan has been loaded in FSX. The whole point of my request was for it to happen automatically (as a preset option, of course).

Regards

Pete Dowson

Hi Pete

The first beta (version 3.12.3) with an Import feature, including automatically importing an activated PLN flight plan, has just been posted.

Stephen :smile:

Hi Pete

The first beta (version 3.12.3) with an Import feature, including automatically importing an activated PLN flight plan, has just been posted.

Stephen :smile:

Thanks! Will try it today!

Pete

This is good reading. PLN recognition is a great option. I love Opus. I have since left everything else alone. Congrats and keep up the great work.

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU