Sign in to follow this  
GodAtum

Just Planes Air Canada 777

just been watching this, very fascinating! They had a performance takeoff page on the EFB, will that be on the PMDG EFB too or just the FMC?

IIRC correctly, the EFB will be done, but not with the initial release.

The FMC is not a performance calculator; it simply gives indicative v-speeds as a sanity check against proper performance figures calculated by, for example, the EFB. The FMC isn't capable of providing reduced thrust and optimum flap settings for example, and it doesn't take into account any climb limits, only field length limits.

@Tabs didn't cough up the 5 Million USD they needed for it. So, so, so very selfish  -_-  :lol:

On a serious note: get TopCat. It's just as good as the real EFB performance calculator! Has pretty much every main product available for it too. 

I really, really hope people aren't expecting the EFB when it does release to have a Worldwide set of LIDO or Jeppesen charts  :lol:

Luke, you KNOW some will expect that and complain when they're not there... I'd rather save the several thousand dollars a year in fees to keep them current.

If nothing really changed regarding the airport or procedure then I don't bother updating the chart, some of my charts are over a year old but still largely accurate. 

For flight simming - Navigraph is the way to go. Not mentioning some of the biggest airlines in the world (British Airways being one) use Navtech for charts in the real world says a lot. I love the format and more importantly, the price! However, now I use Jeppesen as a friend kindly let me use their electronic subscription - but if I never got given that, I'd still be using nDac to this day. Still have all my Navigraph charts via their software on my PC as a backup encase my iPad isn't around. 

Would be nicer if Navigraph had a tablet app for the various platforms - but hey, you can't have everything!

Luke, you KNOW some will expect that and complain when they're not there... I'd rather save the several thousand dollars a year in fees to keep them current.

But everyone should know Ryan is clearly going to pay for every customers subscription, once a year  B)  :lol:

@Tabs didn't cough up the 5 Million USD they needed for it. So, so, so very selfish  -_-  :lol:

On a serious note: get TopCat. It's just as good as the real EFB performance calculator! Has pretty much every main product available for it too. 

I really, really hope people aren't expecting the EFB when it does release to have a Worldwide set of LIDO or Jeppesen charts  :lol:

Never knew you can calculate for the 777 with topcat. the 777 isn't there.

...yet! I guess the developers are busy finishing their newest product, PFPX. Basically a full flight operations center.

Never knew you can calculate for the 777 with topcat. the 777 isn't there.

They're adding it when they update TopCat - which should be with PFPX release.

They're adding it when they update TopCat - which should be with PFPX release.

Sauce? B)

EFB indeed, I will gladly settle for the base product for now...you people...:-P

spacer.png

EFB indeed, I will gladly settle for the base product for now...you people...:-P

The real EFB is a pile of poo anyway. It's very clunky, slow and about as useful as a chocolate teapot.

Most of ours have been disconnected.

Now, maintenance functions within the ECL, that IS useful, somehow doubt they will appear any time soon though ;-)

Sauce? B)

Sorry for late reply - reading it as "Sauce" I thought you literally meant some mind of Sauce LOL. I'm used to people spelling it "Source" hehe.

Anyhow, it's on their forum somewhere!