Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

All WL777 Grounded until next beta?

Well, this morning after arriving from my night shift I rushed preparing for a Maputo Mozambique) - Lisbon long haul flight in the WL 777...

Used FSBuild to assemble my flightplan, started XP10, loaded WL 777 and... and... CADABUM! Nothing, NADA, Niente, kaput ... Whazzzzzzup????? Is it my new disk?

Well, my 1st officer was still asleep, so, a walk through another forum gave me the explanation - some sort of incompatibility with SASL starting 10.22 b2. Other SASL-based aircraft loaded without problems ( Peter's A380) but honestly I do not like programming ( or better, not being able to program ) Peter's FMGC... I'd  rather go trough the FMC programming in the 777 :-/  - yes I noticed that I am using the A380 fundamentally to fly circuits / procedures around airports under bad weather conditions or for autoland parctise (very close to what I used to do with ELITE's MD80...). I need to try and get xFMC working with it... maybe that way I will find a better use for this gorgeous A380...

Well, getting some coffee now nearby my base of operations, and will soon return for something to do with X-Plane... not quite sure exactly if it'll be an helicopter flight around Hawaii, picking those strong winds in New Zealand, some stunts with the MU2....

BTW: Did you read the interview with the author of FS Global Real Weather on AVSIM today? Mentions X-Plane as a prospective sim to support next :-))))))

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

I had some very satisfying flights with the NEO last week. Yesterday night I nnticed that the pitch of the plane is totally off! Will use the Peter bus tonight again.

It looks that nothing is without restrictions or bugs right now, talking about the big ones.

PMDG, where are you?

Yep Ralf, I sure miss PMDG stuff :-/

We need them here for the heavies urgently, although I am also satisfied with the WL777. The more I use it the more I appreciate it's very good features...

I was aware of that "bug" with the Neo A320 showing a pitch down attitude while cruising :-/

Peter's A380 is a dream to handfly or use for procedures not involving the FMGC... II know that it allows even for RNAV approaches, but in a rather awkward way when the "FMC" based on the XPX default one is so limited :-(

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

There's a .zip file hotfix on org forums that stops the crashes. The 777 and A320neo have been a PITA these past 2-3 weeks on 64bit. Thank God for Peters Aircraft and their 100% stability in 64bit.

Sent from my iPhone5 using Tapatalk 2

Well, this morning after arriving from my night shift I rushed preparing for a Maputo Mozambique) - Lisbon long haul flight in the WL 777...

Used FSBuild to assemble my flightplan, started XP10, loaded WL 777 and... and... CADABUM! Nothing, NADA, Niente, kaput ... Whazzzzzzup????? Is it my new disk?

Well, my 1st officer was still asleep, so, a walk through another forum gave me the explanation - some sort of incompatibility with SASL starting 10.22 b2. Other SASL-based aircraft loaded without problems ( Peter's A380) but honestly I do not like programming ( or better, not being able to program ) Peter's FMGC... I'd  rather go trough the FMC programming in the 777 :-/  - yes I noticed that I am using the A380 fundamentally to fly circuits / procedures around airports under bad weather conditions or for autoland parctise (very close to what I used to do with ELITE's MD80...). I need to try and get xFMC working with it... maybe that way I will find a better use for this gorgeous A380...

Well, getting some coffee now nearby my base of operations, and will soon return for something to do with X-Plane... not quite sure exactly if it'll be an helicopter flight around Hawaii, picking those strong winds in New Zealand, some stunts with the MU2....

BTW: Did you read the interview with the author of FS Global Real Weather on AVSIM today? Mentions X-Plane as a prospective sim to support next :-))))))

Here is the link Five-by-five mentioned (post #27) in case you haven't found it yet: http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?showtopic=68461&page=3

Any reports about Carenado Centurion performance with this Beta?

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

Hopefully R&P's 757 will be out soon as it's the only reason I haven't purchased the T7.

Any reports about Carenado Centurion performance with this Beta

using 64 bit  it crashes with the lua problem straight away.

Trevor Golding

Seriously? I thought this patch was supposed to fix exactly this problem.

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea