Sign in to follow this  
Guest Terblanche

One important Bridge Microsoft forgot...

I'm surprised the 'Lake Pontchartrain Causeway' in New Orleans wasn't included in the patch. One of the most prominent features of the Big Easy is still not present in FS2k4. How could this bridge have been forgotten??? :-hmmm

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

** Bump **

FS2020 

Guest MikEA9557

Huh, haven't been to MSY since I installed the patch...I'll have to check it out...Mike Tucson, AZ"You must be the change you wish to see in the world"--Mahatma Gandhi

Guest Terblanche

Not to mention the "Stormsrivier" Bridge between Knysna and PE in South Africa ... how could they miss that one?And not one bridge in Amsterdam was remembered ...... and Budapest, what about Budapest?;-)

Guest JoeW

Well... The Sunshine Skyway south of St Petersburg, Fl is also missing. That one is really a landmark.Joe W.

Guest wathomas777

It's actually there. but....uhh...about 20 miles north of where it should be. If you fly along where the bridge SHOULD be and go slightly north of Lake Ponchetrains North shore, the bridge starts on land and continues 20 more miles North inland.I'm suprised too. Especially since it IS there and only needed to be repositioned 20 miles south. Surely it's just a small error in the numbers. Probably a simple variable off that made it track North instead of south.I wish someone knew how to modify whatever value needs to be there as it could be easily repositioned, if someone knew how to decompile the file and edit the values.

Guest GCBarni

>It's actually there. but....uhh...about 20 miles north of>where it should be. >>If you fly along where the bridge SHOULD be and go slightly>north of Lake Ponchetrains North shore, the bridge starts on>land and continues 20 more miles North inland.>>I'm suprised too. Especially since it IS there and only>needed to be repositioned 20 miles south. Surely it's just a>small error in the numbers. Probably a simple variable off>that made it track North instead of south.>>I wish someone knew how to modify whatever value needs to be>there as it could be easily repositioned, if someone knew how>to decompile the file and edit the values.The same thing was done with Confederation Bridge which spans between New Brunswick and Prince Edward Island. And this is merely one more in a long list. The positioning of these is probably an out-source product; that is, MS doesn't get involved with this aspect of FS; thus, their patch couldn't possibly include 'fixes' for any of the scenery. The patch seems strictly geared to the functioning/association of the *.dll files and FS.exe specifically.If _all_ of the scenery designers and others familiar with the methodology were to get together and each take just one example, the various 'mistakes' could be excluded and more realistic replacements could be inserted at the proper sets of coordinates/attitude, etc., but this is one heck of an expectation given the sheer number of just bridges alone. The next version of FS would likely hit the shelves before completion of said task.......with other similar 'mistakes' incorporated, no doubt!

Yes and the Europa-Bridge, the highest pillar-bridge in the whole world, which spans over an entire alpine valley near my hometown Innsbruck. ;-)And yes, not one Bridge in Venice!!!Worldwide there are several thousand bridges, which have the same status as landmark, like the ones you mentioned and which are not featured in FS9.Com on guys, MS cannot model every single bridge in your backyard!Wolfgang

I here what your saying Wolfgang but if the bridges are already there but positioned wrong, surely that could be corrected on a case by case bases. One would have to find the BGL containing the information and change it.No one is asking for every bridge in the world to be present. If the bridge is there anyway, why can't it be put in it's correct location???

FS2020 

Guest Terblanche

Hi WolfgangThat is my point ... why Microsoft will have a patch and then make bridges a priority I will not understand. They could rather have given us runway lights in low visibility during the day.(Sigh)Anyway. ;-)