Sign in to follow this  
Daniel choen

Cockpit color

Hey folks,

it's seems like my cockpit color are not spot on, I mean when I am seeing other pictures it looks more spot on, is there anyway or adjustment for the cockpit color? i am using Nvidia GTX560Ti.

regards.

Hi Daniel. Yours it's an old topic and if you do a search on this forum for "cockpit lighting" you'll find your answer. Essentially, it's the pictures that you see that are off, not the NGX. This is due to the photographer's settings when taking the picture (like white balance, aperture, etc.)

Hi Daniel. Yours it's an old topic and if you do a search on this forum for "cockpit lighting" you'll find your answer. Essentially, it's the pictures that you see that are off, not the NGX. This is due to the photographer's settings when taking the picture (like white balance, aperture, etc.)

Matteo,

I am not talking about night lighting by any mean, but at day time. cheers.

Daniel. I wasn't talking about night lightning either, simply stating that the same principle applies to both. The NGX's colours are right and the pictures are wrong simply because of the camera's settings through which the picture has been taken. That principle has been exhaustively discussed in the nmiriad of topics about the "night lightning" being wrong. No difference wether by day or night colours in photos can be quite a bit off from reality.

Matteo,

I am not talking about night lighting by any mean, but at day time. cheers.

I sit in the cockpit of a 737 on a near daily basis and the NGX has it pretty much spot on, photos can be very misleading.

Daniel. I wasn't talking about night lightning either, simply stating that the same principle applies to both. The NGX's colours are right and the pictures are wrong simply because of the camera's settings through which the picture has been taken. That principle has been exhaustively discussed in the nmiriad of topics about the "night lightning" being wrong. No difference wether by day or night colours in photos can be quite a bit off from reality.

Matteo,

I could be wrong, but I have been in a 737 flight deck 3 times on various days, the yoke seems to be more black in real life if I remember correct. also took a video of a autoland in Munich, so I ain't no talking about photos or videos, but from my memory.

cheers.

Daniel. Here's my advice and that's the end of it from my part. Contact PMDG directly stating that

1. The cockpit colours are inaccurate and you're very sure of it because you've been in the cockpit of a 737 3 times and maybe you remember they were different and the yoke was blacker

2. You're so sure of it that you reply in a very presumptuous way to the information that two strangers have chosen to share with you to help choosing to completely ignore it

3. Completely bypass the fact that, hear hear, PMDG as well was in a NG's cockpit to develop the NGX and, as it has been stated over and over again in this thread and about a gazillion of others that were pointed out earlier in this thread, they've got the colour/lightning pretty much spot on.

4. The allegedly wrong colours are bugging you so much that you can't enjoy the revolutionary technology and beautiful model of the NGX but instead you find yourself helplessly staring at the slightly less black yoke

Maybe they can help. I surely can't

MED1473 over and out

Ps that poor quality picture is suspiciously similar to the NGX's cockpit

I have the same images side-by-side on two monitors, and the colours are slightly different. Everyone's set up will differ. The one thing that is certainly not accurate is memory.

Rob.

Rob Jones.

I wasn't talking on PMDG work I simply want a good advice with Nvidia users to set it the best way, you're taking it to whole other thing.

Fair enough. If that's the case then please accept my apologies, I must have misread your posts. I leave nVidia users to share they're advice as I'm on the ATI side

Regards

Fair enough. If that's the case then please accept my apologies, I must have misread your posts. I leave nVidia users to share they're advice as I'm on the ATI side

Regards

Matteo,

no problem mate, thanks for trying to help, much appreciated. cheers.

I'm not sure I understand what you're getting at.  A screenshot from within the sim would be helpful for us to identify what needs to change in your settings, but I have a feeling you're looking for settings that don't exist.

If you're looking to change colors, color temperature, color depth, and so on, you need to adjust the settings on your monitor/screen.

I, like the others, would assert that it's a matter of personal perception.  As a photographer, I'll add that color as seen by a camera can be off.  I had left my camera in auto white balance when it took this photo (which is what many use, particularly those using cell phone cameras):

DSC_1606.jpg

I had to boost the reds (the tarmac almost looks pink at the bottom of the picture as a result), and saturate the image to get it to look like I remembered it looking in person.  The problem with pictures is you don't know if they've been properly color corrected (through the use of a custom white balance, or even better with a white balance card), or if they've been artistically enhanced.

Kyle Rodgers

Please my cockpit is to Pinkish): no but seriously can someone tell me how to set it correctly?

So, here's the awesome thing about monitors...

It looks fine to me on my monitor, so either you're imagining things, or your monitor color temperature needs to be adjusted to "cooler" or higher color temp numbers.

Kyle Rodgers