Sign in to follow this  
FSMP

FSX Microsoft server - Real Weather

Simmers the contract has terminated between Jeppesen and Microsoft

http://ww1.jeppesen.com/aviation/personal/simcharts-download.jsp

This thread's last post was on 28 June 2013, just over one full year ago.

This contract you mention expired back in 2009... five years ago. Sort of "old news" to be posting in an "old thread" don't you think?

Besides which this thread was about real-time Weather, not sim charts.

Hence, three degrees of irrelevance... :lol:

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

"Don't I think" .... hmmm sorry for being such an idiot on such an important post.  I just thought that the community that uses your forum was wondering why the FSX real weather stopped working.

This is quoted from the very first post:

"It appears that the Microsoft FSX weather server has not been updating for some weeks."

So I put that in a response to that post just in case some other people may have been looking for a reason why the real weather doesn't work.  You can still purchase the FSX product from Microsoft but the weather won't work unless you write your own app or purchase a real weather addon.

Yet again I'm sorry for not thinking like the idiot I am and I hope that my post at least helps someone even though I feel like a total idiot after how you replied.

dP,

FSX weather is updating just fine. I just compared it with my Active Sky Next weather and they were both almost exactly the same.

Some users are experiencing incorrect weather updates from FSX.  I was one of those people.   There are plenty of weather alternatives.  Just research and find the one that works best for you! :)

I am pretty sure Jeppesen is done with FSX, but I could be wrong...  I heard a lot about it, but I could be wrong.  Doesn't REALLY matter because it was never great anyway.  A bit annoying though...

Jeppesen is not done with FSX or with FS2004.

The main point is that this thread began over a year ago and concerned the "real world weather" feature not working. Whatever was wrong was fixed a few weeks after the first post.

Jeppeson's "Sim Charts" never had anything to do with the real world weather servers.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Dear Fellow aviator,

There is solution to the FSX weather problem if you running window's 8.1, you must have Microsoft account. This will allow the weather data to be downloaded. The firewall may be the problem. (window Defender). Also a local account if your not login on with a password may be the issue.

Dear Fellow aviator,

There is solution to the FSX weather problem if you running window's 8.1, you must have Microsoft account. This will allow the weather data to be downloaded. The firewall may be the problem. (window Defender). Also a local account if your not login on with a password may be the issue.

Surely it's time to shut down this thread before FSX users start to believe their world has finally crumbled in and DTG have got to them already?  :LMAO:

Dear Fellow aviator,

So, so wrong on so many different levels that it is not even worth pointing them all out.