Sign in to follow this  
iainsmith

RC4 not working again!

@ Ray

Hi Ray, I'm back again in a new thread but really it's a continuation of the previous one. I did a flight with RC4 last night everything working perfectly but today, having done nothing to FSX or RC4 I started up as usual, loaded the same plan as last night only to have the same old problem back.

In fact I've learned a small bit more. I told you I was being pushed back from the gate about 150 yards. I took a better look and see that I've been sent to the other end of Heathrow from T5 down near T4. It's as if I've been rapidly slewed across the airport.

I've made a log in RC4. Is jd around to look at if I send it to him? It's not very big as once I've started RC4 and I've been moved and RC isn't working although apparently running there didn't seem much point in continuing.

Let me know and I'll send it to him with an e-mail describing the problem.

Regards

Iain

He daily checks in for e-mail. Just follow the pinned instructions about logs.

I am looking at the current diagram. There should be no reason why you are being slewed to t4 since it is not at the airport center where RC would slew the aircraft if outside of RC's allowable limits. Just eyeballing it It would be around T3 or T1.

Are you just running RC and FS to insure nothing else is interfering?

Start your log before you load the flight plan. After the slew occurs first alt-tab until the RC screen appears and click on quit. That will preserve the log and you can then close FS and zip-up the log and e-mail it to jd with the problem description.

Be sure jdtllc is allowed through your pc and any spam filters.

I do not recall if solved but there was one Heathrow add-on version where another user experienced difficulty. See if you have the problem parking at T3 or T1 if you have the time.

The only other reason I can think of is if something is causing fsuipc to report the incorrect aircraft position to RC.

One thing I recall is that in FSX and FS9 plans the departure position line was different than the place where the aircraft was parked. As far as I know RC will not use that. FSBuild places that in the plan from the runway selected at the time you built the plan. I have never had the problem. I do recall that if you load a plan in the FS planner with a flight loaded there is an option to move the aircraft to the departure position (runway) but that's it.

The fact that you are having an intermittent problem could be ram resources or windows interprocessing timing involving fsuipc reports to RC.

Lets insure that RC has the correct data:

Browse to your FSX folder. Using "open with" right click on runways.txt (a very large file) c hoosing wordpad or MS word. This is a log of the data extraction by makerwys.exe.

Search for "Airport EGLL". At the beginning of each section is  statement showing the path of the scenery. Your first section will point to an APxxxxxxx.bgl file, the stock airport, showing runway data, etc. Now for each add-on there is a deletion section and an additions section, maybe not colocated, but the deletions and then runway, etc., data, is the additions section. Keep searching for "Airport EGLL". Note the path of the last deletions section and then the path of the last additions section. The last sections regarding EGLL deletions and additions should point to your EGLL add-on scenery. If not, then there is a scenery library order issue of priority.

Hi Iain,

Sorry, not ignoring you but I'm at Pete Dowson's having a flying weekend. I shall be home later this evening but in the meantime follow the advice by Ron.

JD should be checking the forum and a log to him will certainly tell you what is going wrong.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Ron, thank you for your two responses, I'll reply to them in reverse order. The runways.txt file shows a deletion point for the default and points to the correct location for the UK2000 add-on, so I don't think that is the problem.

Now your first response. I've been doing some testing this morning (what else are Sunday mornings for? :rolleyes: ) and this has been just with FSX and RC4. You're quite right about where I'm being pushed to. When I park at T5, gate 513 and start RC I end up about halfway down the terminals in T3 in, as far as I can see, a direct line with gate 513 and my orientation is as it was at that gate.

The interesting thing is when I park at T1, gate 108. I end up in the same spot in T3 but oriented as I was at gate 108 i.e. at about 45 degrees to my T5 orientation.

However, I don't think the airport scenery is responsible as I went to a default airport, Exeter, and the same thing occurred with me ending in the middle of the runway with the same orientation as at the gate.

I did say it was as if I had been slewed but let me make clear that I have not been put in slew mode.

Regarding FSUIPC, I have a registered copy and this problem was occurring with v4.9 before I updated to 4.905 so it's not likely to be the cause. Nevertheless, nothing should be ruled out at this stage.

I'll send my log to jd with a description but if you think of anything else you know I'll be grateful for any suggestions. Don't let it interfere with your flying enjoyment though!

Iain Smith

Sorry, not ignoring you but I'm at Pete Dowson's having a flying weekend.

That's fine Ray, no problem. Enjoy!

Iain

Ron, thank you for your two responses, I'll reply to them in reverse order. The runways.txt file shows a deletion point for the default and points to the correct location for the UK2000 add-on, so I don't think that is the problem.

You mention the deletion section had the correct path. Somewhere following it there should have been an addition section with the gates, taxiways, runways, etc., with the same path. Do you have that and is it the final additions entry for EGLL in runways.txt?

You mention the deletion section had the correct path. Somewhere following it there should have been an addition section with the gates, taxiways, runways, etc., with the same path. Do you have that and is it the final additions entry for EGLL in runways.txt?

Yes to both questions.

Iain

Hi Iain,

You said you were going to send your log to JD. Have you done so and has he identified the problem? With the best will in the world this is a very difficult problem to analyse for both Ron and myself.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I hope someone else develops a better product soon!

There's nothing wrong with the product. if it was the product's fault every new user would have the same problem.

Thank you for your constructive comment. :rolleyes:

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hi Iain,

You said you were going to send your log to JD. Have you done so and has he identified the problem? With the best will in the world this is a very difficult problem to analyse for both Ron and myself.

Hi Ray,

Yes I sent it to him on Saturday but have not yet had a reply. I realise that it is difficult for you and Ron to diagnose at a distance and I'm grateful for your responses.

Regards

Iain

I've been using this programme for over seven years and this is the first real problem that I've experienced. I've no doubt it will turn out to be something on my machine that is the cause.

Iain Smith

jd,

Having tried to resolve Iain's problem I'm curious as to what the problem was.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Ray,

No conclusion has been reached yet. I have pointed out to jd that there is a connection between my being moved from the gate to the centre of the airport at the point of pressing the "start RC" button and RC not working. If I fire everything up and RC works as it should (as it has done a couple of times) that is when I stay at the gate.

It certainly is very strange.

Iain

Thanks Iain, Normally the log provides the answer so ti must be a strange one. Can you post one of the plans here please so I can see if it can be replicated.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather