Sign in to follow this  
iainsmith

RC4 not working again!

Hi Iain,

Can you check your regional settings in Control Panel and advise what you have set for Country. Also confirm in the Customize section you have a full stop for decimal symbol and a comma for digit grouping symbol. Hopefully it will be the same for W7 as XP.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Thanks Iain, Normally the log provides the answer so ti must be a strange one. Can you post one of the plans here please so I can see if it can be replicated.

I can do that Ray but the problem is not flightplan specific. It doesn't matter what plan I fly, or where in the world I start from (I've just tried it in USA and Australia at jd's request) the result is the same. I'm sure that you could fly any plan I send you without problem.

Hi Iain,

Can you check your regional settings in Control Panel and advise what you have set for Country. Also confirm in the Customize section you have a full stop for decimal symbol and a comma for digit grouping symbol. Hopefully it will be the same for W7 as XP.

I have United Kingdom for country and the full stop and comma are set as you say.

Regards

Iain

Hi Iain,

Thanks for getting back to me. I have to admit I've never come across a situation like this before. I don't suppose you live near Manchester do you? I'm really curious as to what could be causing the problem.

Thinking back to when things did work okay albeit briefly can you think of anything you have changed since then?

And just to confirm the log you sent JD didn't give any clues as to what the problem was?

Check a4.csv in the data folder (use Notepad to open) and see what the entry for EGLL looks like. Here is mine...

EGLL, , 51.47118 ,-0.4614648 , 3 , 80 , 12776

Please paste your entry.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I don't suppose you live near Manchester do you?

No, Ray I live in Rugby, Warwickshire.

Thinking back to when things did work okay albeit briefly can you think of anything you have changed since then?

The only thing is that I re-installed the Orbx scenery FTX England, which I have now disabled at jd's request. However, as I've said the problem exists in other locations. The only other thing I can think of is Windows updates which have been known to cause problems.

I think the earlier log I sent jd was too short for him to tell what was going on. So he has got me to run Windows key logging programme while starting FSX and running RC under debugging. I've sent him the two files and await his comments.

My entry for EGLL is different from yours, mine being UK2000 Heathrow Xtreme:-

EGLL, , 51.4712 ,-0.4612835 , 1.8 , 83 , 13006

Bear in mind that it happens at all airports, default and payware.

Regards

Iain

The only thing is that I re-installed the Orbx scenery FTX England, which I have now disabled at jd's request. However, as I've said the problem exists in other locations. The only other thing I can think of is Windows updates which have been known to cause problems.

As you get the problem at other locations - default as well as 3rd party - I think we can rule out any issues with UK2000 scenery and other 3rd party. It seems to be a problem at a higher level.

I think the earlier log I sent jd was too short for him to tell what was going on. So he has got me to run Windows key logging programme while starting FSX and running RC under debugging. I've sent him the two files and await his comments.

That should get to the bottom of it.

My entry for EGLL is different from yours, mine being UK2000 Heathrow Xtreme:-

EGLL, , 51.4712 ,-0.4612835 , 1.8 , 83 , 13006

It's different but not by much. And as the problem is world-wide we can forget this.

Bear in mind that it happens at all airports, default and payware.

Which makes me think it's something outside of RC and possibly FSX. I shall leave you in the capable hands of JD. If you do get a resolution please post it for the benefit of others.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Problem solved! I after weeks without RC I went back to an earlier version of FSUIPC. Instant success!

Yes, I know - shock! horror! I'm not using the latest version.

It's highly likely that my copy got corrupted. I'll d/load and install the latest in a few days but right now I'm enjoying having RC back and am reluctant to jeopardise that! :rolleyes:

Iain Smith

Glad to hear that Iain. You're probably correct that your copy of FSUIPC was corrupted rather than there being a problem with it.

Pete Dowson also runs RC4 so once you install the latest version you'll probably be fine. Pete only supports the latest version in any case.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather