Sign in to follow this  
uwespeed

Santorini X-Plane

Some new impressions:

Night (street lights are hand placed, as there are almost no street lights in the stock scenery in Santorini)

ch748q3z1dbd047xf.jpg

Goooood moooorning !!!! Have you seen the unfinished house in the front? Very common in this area of the world ... :lol:

ch7491haz9wl2d2qr.jpg

Thira - the capital (the generic church still to be replaced by the original one)

ch749l31xbz23v4tf.jpg

My sceneries (excerpt): LPMA Madeira, LGSR Santorini, the city of Fürth (Germany), ...

It's looking great :-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since October 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Ok .... it's already some time after the last update, thus I wanted to let you know that I'm still working on it. There is still quite a lot to do, but meanwhile, enjoy the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpcUxtuUd-I

• Upvote 2

My sceneries (excerpt): LPMA Madeira, LGSR Santorini, the city of Fürth (Germany), ...

Brilliant!

Anything new here :) ?

after the new Mykonos , santorini would be a nice addition to the Greek Islands that includes the "hall package" (custom modelled airport + houses in the island etc...)

Sorry, nothing (really) new yet ... Actually I planned to be finished last year, but real life ... you know ...

What is still to do:

1. editing the mesh
  2. ground traffic
  3. World Traffic routes
  4. some other tiny things

However, I am thinking about a release of "Santorini 0.9", without the above mentioned things - not yet in the very next days, but hopefully by end of June.

Some more screenshots:

comsk41b4pa5e3fip.jpg

comskt5nhd0tn1g7l.jpg

comsl755mj8ejh2s1.jpg

comsme9j55gbcwzf5.jpg

comsmpciu21m313kh.jpg

• Upvote 1

Ok - as mentioned above ... Santorini for X-Plane is uploaded in version 0.9. Download is here.

And some screenies here.

Beautiful uwespeed!!! 

Thank you!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

There were a few issues for some users - I fixed them. Additionally, the runways now better fit to the orthophotos. I recommend to redownload.

Thx again uwespeed!  Re-downloading right away!

Main Simulation Rig:

New V0.92 is up: it has sharper looking othophotos with the "decals" technology - see this posting and the screenshot below. Instructions on how to install on the download page.

cpm57rkplofn4igcx.jpg