Sign in to follow this  
Guest BC_KBOS

To Bigshot from BobP

Hi,This is in reply to your question from the locked thread in this forum, concerning my post from a another locked thread in another forum which I was responding to from one additional locked thread...... :)From BobP in the other forum:_______________________________________________________________I also have a large investment in PFC equipment. I'm wondering if we'll get double charged? I plan to buy the $20 FSUIPC and note that PFC also plans to charge me a fee for the FS2004 drivers. I understand the fee is to cover their cost to Mr. Dawson. I'm going to email them, and suggest they EAT that as a cost of doing business. _______________________________________________________________What's this PFC equipment. I've seen it mentioned before. Some sort of yoke setup?PFC is Precision Flight Controls and they make excellent products. http://www.flypfc.com/. I have the digital console and several throttle quadrants which will be unusable in FS2004 without an updated driver. So I must pay the fee whether I agree or disagree or don't care or whatever. The rub for many is not the money, it is the "sense" of involuntary forking over of the money. BobP:)

Guest Bigshot

Thanks Bob. I've been thinking about getting a yoke for a while now. I'll check that out. I agree. It isn't the $22 bucks. I've just started buying payware. Eaglesoft's twin jets were, for all practical purposes, the first I bought. Well worth it and they work in FS2k4 so they must use some other interface. Guess I'll be restricting my purchases to the payware that doesn't rely on this particular interface.

Guest BC_KBOS

Hey guys!To clarify, I don't believe we PFC users are going to get charged twice. Oh no, we are going to have to buy Pete's software period.PFC is not going to release drivers of their own, they are going to rely on Pete's software, which they are not going to supply to the purchasers of their product.What galls me is that there are so many people out there banging the "Pete D. is great drum" that have no idea what just happened.We PFC users bought a product with "lifetime" support. A product that was initially developed for the real world sim market, flight training and stuff. Initially, it was not compatible with FS, it was built for "Elite", a real world flite sim trainer.PFC realized that there was a market in the FS community for their product if they could make it compatible. Fine. They bloudcasted that fact, developed their own .dll to make it work and on that, I bought in.As it turned out, the .dll PFC released had problems and they found Pete D. to sort it out. He did a great job, the console works really good with FS2K and I don't have too many problems.The rub.When I purchased this console, FSUIPC was not a requirement. After the purchase, it became a requirement. Now I have to pay extra to make the product work.That is, as we say, bogus.I will state it again, that I have absolutely no problem with Pete getting his due, but I resent having to pay for something that was never in the original deal. I bought this console because PFC said it would work with FS, with their software.I am not going to take it any further than that, except to say that when you purchase an item to do a thing, one expects to be done.This "oh by the way" stuff, after the fact, churns my butter.BC