Sign in to follow this  
GAJ52

Disappearing Aircraft

Hi

I was recently cleared onto the ILS at Edinburgh with a AI aircraft in front of me also on the ILS, but just prior to him touching down he just disappeared ? I can only assume I got too close to this aircraft and VoxATC removed it so my Approach wasn't screwed up.

My question - as VoxATC also controls the AI aircraft shouldn't I have been asked to slow down to maintain an acceptable spacing. Being new to VoxATC I haven't flown enough Approaches to know what to expect from VoxATC.

Glen

I'm not sure Vox will do that, at least I've never seen it doing it.

What you can do is use add-on programs separating AI traffic. There are 2 (bot here at AVSIM library):

"Flight Simulator AI Separation" and "AISmooth V1.20".

There is also a tutorial on how to combine the two: "AI Separation - How To Make AI Separation More Effective" (also in the AVSIM librarary).

Regards,

Andreas Gutzwiller

Andreas

Many thanks for your comments, I will take a look at those two programs.

However I am finding VoxATC to be such a clever program I'm surprised this has not been programmed in, especially as VoxATC has full control of the AI.

Glen