Sign in to follow this  
Arismac

NVIDIA drivers for P3D

I recently upgraded to the NVIDIA GTX680 GPU and was really disappointed. Black patches of scenery and white outs when loading new aircraft. I rolled the drivers back to 314.22 and the problem cleared. Now enjoying what I expected from the GTX680.

Cheers, Mac

320.18 works great for me. GTX 650 Ti here.

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

I'm on beta release as well with a 690 and have no issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Tom

"I just wanna tell you both: good luck. We're all counting on you."

running 320.18's with no issues.

Nvidia 320.18 OK. GTX 550 Ti / Win7-64 1GB.

Edit:

Re-Check your Nvidia Inspector setting after each driver update to verify they have not been reset.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

During normal PC operation (not P3D or FSX) I started getting mouse movement freezes for some seconds and other times the PC would freeze ... including no hard drive led blinking when idle.

Maybe I have now a PC hardware problem .. do not know.

But theWin7 Error log says the cause is:

nvlddmkm

So, I was able to roll back to NVIDIA driver to 9.18.13.1407 for more testing with my 2 monitor setup.

Best Regards,

New drivers just came out (within the last week as I have been away from my P3D PC) and they seem to work great. No noticeable difference in P3D for me but improvements in other games I play.

Tom

"I just wanna tell you both: good luck. We're all counting on you."

There must have been problems with NVIDIA ver 320.18

I see ver 320.49 is now (7-1-13) available.

I am not done testing my PC with older version 314.07 so I will not be updating for awhile.

Best Regards,

Are you guys using the Student or commercial version of P3D?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

I did some additional posting on the Nvidia support forum.

I found that Nvidia "Bugs" have been in all versions after version 314.22.
I am using version 314.07 without problems now.

This is the link to the forum post.

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/550032/geforce-500-400-series/nvidia-driver-320-49-whql-freezing-my-pc/

I submitted a Driver Feedback form to Nvidia.
The form is here if you want to submit one also:

http://surveys.nvidia.com/index.jsp?pi=6e7ea6bb4a02641fa8f07694a40f8ac6

Best Regards,

I'm using something like v306 or 308!  But they work great with my 580's and my P3D has never looked or performed better so if it ain't broke....

I'm just gonna sit tight with those until P3D v2.0 comes out then worry about upgrading my drivers.

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

I'm using something like v306 or 308! But they work great with my 580's and my P3D has never looked or performed better so if it ain't broke....

I'm just gonna sit tight with those until P3D v2.0 comes out then worry about upgrading my drivers.

Smart move. I had latest but same mousing delays, etc. Now back to 314. No value to P3D in newest driver. Notes show it is directed to specific games for saving the world from monsters.

regards,

Dick near Pittsburgh, USA

Thank you all for your feedback on this one gentlemen. After a week of testing at about ten hours per day, I am in no doubt that the best driver for P3D at the moment is 314.07 given that I am using the GTX680 which is not overclocked.