Sign in to follow this  
SpeedBird219

Do I want Airbus X Extended?

Folks,
I may be quite interested in this product, but i'm not sure. I hear people's FPS have varied, some say its better than the NGX, others say its worse. Does it still come with the RAAS system? Am I right in saying it comes with RW ATC chatter in the background? Are there any major bugs?
Really, I just want to get familiar with an A320, it's a new challenge and something new to learn....
As someone who is waiting for the PMDG 777, and will no doubt only really fly that when it's released, IS IT WORTH THE COST??

Thanks, hope some of you guys can help, if you need me to be clearer on some of these points, say, and i'll explain them more!

Thanks!

-Andy

Does it still come with the RAAS system

Yes

comes with RW ATC chatter in the background

Yes

FPS are fine - get it IMO price is to low - amazing product

Rich Sennett

IS IT WORTH THE COST??

That's a very subjective question, you are bound to have several points of view!

Mine is a Yes, provided you are aware that this is an excellent simulation limited to a standard operation, not including a number of systems that you don't really use - or need to use - in a normal operation without failures. It is not an NGX type of simulation neither does it claim to be.

With this in mind, if you want to learn how to - basically - operate an Airbus, that's OK and very pleasing. FPS are not a problem in my case (neither are they for the NGX) and I have been fully satisfied with this simulation. The few remaining bugs are progressively eliminated by numerous incremental small patches and, to be honest, I have yet to see one in my flights.

Furthermore the developer is committed to further improve its product with more details such as weather radar and terrain radar (the former being still a question mark though). RAAS is part of the product but limited to it (can't be used with another product). As for the real world chatter I used it once and stopped it as it can be quite repetitive and unnecessary in my opinion.

Good luck with your choice.

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/411549-questions-about-airbus-extended/

All your answers here.

As Rich says - for the money it's excellent. I initially turned off the copilot and checklist feature but actually it's pretty good - although you may need the add on voice set which you can find in the library here, along with the replacement pushback voices, as the original for some crazy reason sounds like Steven Hawking. 

It's missing a few things from the real one - the 'hockey stick' level off indicator would make descents easier and according to those in the know some of the autopilot modes are a bit screwy but for regular everyday flying you'll have no problems. All in all, a very solid effort from Aerosoft. 

From what you posted, I'd say yes.

Here is the best well done walkthrough I've seen on the plane showing most all of its features.

(...), some say its better than the NGX, others say its worse. (...) Are there any major bugs?

Really, I just want to get familiar with an A320, it's a new challenge and something new to learn....

As someone who is waiting for the PMDG 777, and will no doubt only really fly that when it's released, IS IT WORTH THE COST??

(...)

It's your own fault ...

NO with respect to your statements concerning the NGX and the T7.

YES as far as familiarization and flightdeck experience is concerned.

- although you may need the add on voice set which you can find in the library here, along with the replacement pushback voices,

I may invest in GSX for push and other airport services to be honest....

From what you posted, I'd say yes.

Here is the best well done walkthrough I've seen on the plane showing most all of its features.

That's what made me think of the AEX.....! It looks great to be honest.....but whether I want it....

It's your own fault ...

NO with respect to your statements concerning the NGX and the T7.

YES as far as familiarization and flightdeck experience is concerned.

As an Aspiring Pilot who would have a high chance at flying these, this why kinda why I want it, almost to "get ahead", know how it flies, know how to set it up from C+D, etc etc

And this is another thing:

By no means have I got bored with the NGX, I've just overflown it, I've kinda lost ideas and inspirations for routes. I have discovered my Heathrow Xtreme is now running a lot smoother than I remember,  i'm concentrating my routes on LHR. As there are more Baby Bus flights than 737's that operate to/from LHR, you see my point as to why I may also want to get it....

(...)

As an Aspiring Pilot who would have a high chance at flying these, this why kinda why I want it, almost to "get ahead", know how it flies, know how to set it up from C+D, etc etc

(...)

As an aspiring pilot you'll get the FSL Airbus when it's out, that's 250% certain. The FSL Bus will be up to PMDG standards and all will be fine and balanced in your hangar.

Consider the Aerosoft AAX as an intermediate step - something that fills the gap until FSL release.

As an aspiring pilot you'll get the FSL Airbus when it's out.

Is there a product page yet, of what it contains? If it has RAAS and the checklists then that will be a must buy, but if not, then, it may be a no....

The FSL is not out yet as it's still in development.

If you want NGX levels of realism you would be best waiting for the FSL. If you just want a 'bus for having a 'bus sake, get the Airbus X Extended.

Is there a product page yet, of what it contains? If it has RAAS and the checklists then that will be a must buy, but if not, then, it may be a no....

I'm not aware of a FSL feature list yet.

RAAS: There's a freeware RAAS in the AVSIM lib.

C/Ls: MCE can work with a variety of aircraft, not just FSL or AAX ...

<p>Go for it. it's still my number 1 choice of aircraft (NGX a quick 2nd of course!)</p>

<p> </p>

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

AXE much, much easier on my system [very, very low end!]

I will tell you that out of the box, my FPS were lower. I used to get about 15 FPS in the NGX, but that number dropped to 12-13 in the AXE. For the price of this airplane, it's amazing value. It has RW ATC Chatter, checklists with a toggle for a copilot, or you can do all the work. The RAAS has a few bugs, IE thinking you are approaching RWY 30L when it really is 30C, which is just due to the fact that the RAAS system came out a bit ago, and I'm not sure you get updates on it since it's a freeware version of it. I'm actually not quite sure why people say the systems depth isn't as great as PMDG. I think it's pretty close, you can start it from C&D, or a ready to taxi-state, even a ready for take-off state! It's got the perfect complexity for anyone from a novice --> RW A320/A321 Pilot. It's a beauty to fly, manual flying is simple. FBW is very well managed and utilized. It's my favorite add-on, moreso than the PMDG NGX, because not only is it easier on my system, there is a great amount of immersion with the ATC chatter as well as the C/Ls.

In case you do want to extend your fleet, there is an A318/A319 in the series coming out [hopefully!] this fall! Next year, an A330 with the same features is expected. There is no A340 planned.

Following these steps I created myself, I was able to double that number of FPS in the AXE, and gain even more than that. This information was copied from a thread that was created asking similar questions.

In my case it was not an icon on the desktop, so I will tell you how to get there the long way!

1. Go to C:\...\Flight Simulator X\aerosoft\Airbus X Extended

2. Scroll until you see the Aerosoft.AirbusX.Configurator.

3. Open the .exe

4. Look for "Logging."

5. Uncheck whatever you'd like [i unchecked all]

6. Expect a great FPS increase!

For a little bit more FPS Savings follow these instructions:

3. Open the .exe

4. Look for "MCDU"

5. Uncheck all options available, unless of course you utilize said features.

And finally, for the last bit of FPS savings!

3. Open the .exe

4. Look for "ND."

5. Change the Maximums of Airports, NDBs, VORs, and Waypoints, to whatever you are comfortable with, this may involve experimentation until you find a comfortable blend between performance and maximums on the ND. I set mine to 75 on all.

I hope that gives you a decent idea of what to expect if you do end up purchasing this beautiful plane. If you want any more information, please, let me know either here or message me.

Is there a good hardcore A330 or A340 around for FSX?

spacer.png