Sign in to follow this  
SpeedBird219

Do I want Airbus X Extended?

Just as a point, 

You're helping me because i'm a nice person who can make nice cups of tea ^_^ 

In all seriousness, however, I didn't see one with the same..."criteria" as my problems, the same points that have to be considered....

E.G

Aspiring Pilot, NGX Flyer, 777Full time flyer when it comes out, Would like to have a depthy knowledge of systems and procedures, etc etc

Then I would suggest the final call is down to you.

Are you getting the AXE only as a stop-gap until the PMDG 777? If so, you will probably like the AXE.

Are you getting the AXE to get an accurate feel for how Airbus systems work? If so, the AXE isn't for you.

Are you getting the AXE as a stop gap but may come back to it later to accurately learn it's systems? If you have the money, get the AXE for now, then get the FSL when that's out.

Perhaps this is something you could look at when creating your A318/A319 model and then port back to the A320? It one of the things that really get's me about the AXE when in reality applying 40% isn't safe and is almost never done unless at MTOW and on a sharp up-hill slope. But again, just my €0.02.

Ro,

On this subject, I dare say that the AXE provides the correct thrust profile, but the FSX friction model is off (thats why there is a modification for that in the first place). We do NOT want to mess with FSX frictions settings by modifying it using a code that is forced on the user when he uses the AXE.

However, the user is free to do the modification on his own freewill (as many users have done).

(and yes I am aware that the other airbus product you are testing for does that friction modification, but I am simply not going to play with such settings.)

Joshua C.

WSSS

coloraerosofta320extdev.png

@ Andy: I think that with your description, AXE is a very good candidate for your consideration. Good looking, fun to fly in normally from A to B. There is another product out there, also a good one I think but is in prologue so it requires a bit of patience that I think will not suit your need at the moment. Have fun :).

Something to consider is maybe the Simcheck A300B4-200, especially as it looks like an FMC will be added this August.

I think A300 does not have the FBW laws like the A320 series though...

Now, that sounds like you're insulting me, Ró. Rónán!   :lol: :p0805:  :biggrin:

And me too (I own and also fly one sometimes :D) LOL

Yep, no FBW In the A300 but the best Airbus in FSX system wise until the FSL comes out.

Best regards, Fritz ESSONO

Ro,

On this subject, I dare say that the AXE provides the correct thrust profile, but the FSX friction model is off (thats why there is a modification for that in the first place). We do NOT want to mess with FSX frictions settings by modifying it using a code that is forced on the user when he uses the AXE.

However, the user is free to do the modification on his own freewill (as many users have done).

(and yes I am aware that the other airbus product you are testing for does that friction modification, but I am simply not going to play with such settings.)

I'm not aware of this modification, how does one go about setting it for the AXE?

I think PMDG's NGX is a good example of an aircraft out at the minute that is close to realistic ground handling for a Jet, not quite there but one of the closer ones out on the market. There wasn't any changing of settings to get that to work in my FSX setup IIRC.

Regards,

Ró.

Rónán O Cadhain.

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

LOL, usually I'm quite the nipper in the A320, but I'm pretty slow and cautious when it comes to taxiing the A330 now, so you've nothing to worry about there... ^_^ :P

Regards,

Ró.

LOL I bet sticking one of those long wings into a lightpole or into  tail of another plane or anything for that matter does not help ones career 

I'm not aware of this modification, how does one go about setting it for the AXE?

I think PMDG's NGX is a good example of an aircraft out at the minute that is close to realistic ground handling for a Jet, not quite there but one of the closer ones out on the market. There wasn't any changing of settings to get that to work in my FSX setup IIRC.

Regards,

Ró.

The one thing that they had trouble with ( as far as a amateur can tell)  was single engine taxi,  I wonder if FSL a320 will be able to do single engine taxi 

Mike Avallone

9900k@5.0,Corsair H115i cooler,ASUS 2080TI,GSkill 32GB pc3600 ram, 2 WD black NVME ssd drives, ASUS maximus hero MB

Well I for one am glad to see RW Pilot posting   :good: great stuff

Rich Sennett

LOL I bet sticking one of those long wings into a lightpole or into  tail of another plane or anything for that matter does not help ones career 

Never had a wing strike, but let's just say that in my initial year on the A330 that myself and taxiway edge lighting didn't exactly see eye to eye...  :rolleyes:  :P  B)  There's quite the distance between the nose wheel and main gear in the A330...  :wacko:

The one thing that they had trouble with ( as far as a amateur can tell)  was single engine taxi.

Yeh, it's alright on the thrust front but the directional control is a bit of a pain.

Well I for one am glad to see RW Pilot posting   :good: great stuff

My pleasure.

Regards,

Ró.

Rónán O Cadhain.

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

Regards,

Ró.

Not AAX-specific, Rónán:

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/392772-inherent-flaw-of-fsx-to-give-too-much-ground-friction/?p=2536640

Hi Rónán,

I use the LUA ground friction script which allows idle power taxi with the bus but you do need a registerd version of fsuipc4 to use it.

-Paul-

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020