Sign in to follow this  
peppy197

Any progress regarding HD 7970 yet?

I did not do my homework properly and thought I was getting a great bargain with the HD7970

Basically, I did not like Nvidia surround, and I do like eyefinity. easier to switch etc...

Now Im seeing posts about all kinds of problems with clouds/traffic in XPX, but they are dated, like 2012

Are they improved with recent drivers and XPX updates?

allen

On the bright side, they may be busy enjoying XPX :P

On the other side, they may have abandonned it totally and vever check here :(

Well.. I just recently upgraded from my 7970 to the 780gtx. Money well spent. Night and day difference. NEVER getting another ATI.

Skickat från min Nexus 4 via Tapatalk 2

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

I suppose from anything going to a gtx780 is a big step

Its about 670$Cdn right now though; the 7970 was 400 with 130 worth of free games including infinite bioshock.

it has 3G RAM and I dont play XPX much , more FSX because of opusFSX and TileProxy

Nevertheless I am dissapointed that they have not fixed the OpenGL business yet

And eyefinity works easier for me than nvidia surround which is hard to setup and harder still to revert ...

I suppose from anything going to a gtx780 is a big step

Its about 670$Cdn right now though; the 7970 was 400 with 130 worth of free games including infinite bioshock.

it has 3G RAM and I dont play XPX much , more FSX because of opusFSX and TileProxy

Nevertheless I am dissapointed that they have not fixed the OpenGL business yet

And eyefinity works easier for me than nvidia surround which is hard to setup and harder still to revert ...

Actually, my old 7970 had been acting up in other titles as well. It suffered from micro stutter quite badly. I had quite nice fps in most games however it still micro stuttered.

The 780 is just a dream in comparison.

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

I might as well just sell it as soon as it arrives if it misbehaves so.

Cannot return it

I too would prefer a 770 4G

Well.. I just recently upgraded from my 7970 to the 780gtx. Money well spent. Night and day difference. NEVER getting another ATI.

me 2, I had ATI for many years but after trying NVIDIA with Simulators and other games, i'm never touching or looking at another ATI card again :lol:  :P

I just installed my 7970

WORKS GREAT in FSX no shimmers, great AA,AN and in clouds too

No Problems with X-Plane, getting high fps with HRD antialiasing working fine in clouds in traffic anywheres

I think you guys are bashing ATI cards for no sound reason

No one is bashing ATI/AMD, in the past 20 years my family and friends have spent thousands on ATI but in 2012 I bought 3 Dell Computers and decided to try out NVIDIA.  I immediately noticed the better performance and awesome stability with drivers.  Thousands maybe millions of NVIDIA users will tell you the same thing.  Even if ATI offered me their best most fastest card in the world for free, I would sell it and buy NVIDIA because i'm a simmer first, gamer 2nd. :drinks:

I'm with five by five on this one. I'm getting way superior performance with the 780. Never going back. Wouldn't recommend ATI at the moment. Hopefully the drivers get sorted.

Richard

Really does not make a difference which card is used, but I found nividia more reliable my el cheapo 650ti did not die on me like hd7850. Get what you pay for with video cards. Was gonna get 660 but could not stomach where a video card costs 400 dollars.

At least now with the Z77 chipset I can get some video, enought o watch an iTuines movey, when the main videocards die, as they all do, but at least only once :blink: