Sign in to follow this  
sidh

Confused with DX-10 (How to start)

Hello everyone,

I don't know where to start from as there are so many of them! And in the end I had to revert back to DX-9

I request my fellow pilots to help me out step-to-step on how to completely move on to DX-10(With all new fixes & patches) and its installation.

I just have the shader release v 3.2.2 file, Also mention any changes needed in CFG or Nvidia inspector , I wish to completely switch to DX-10 as it did wonders to many .

Any help will be greatly appreciated,

Thanks in advance

1y329d.jpg

Look for the forum topic that is sticky/pinned here. It's the hardware and software guide. It covers DX9 setup and then the extra steps needed to run in the shader file fix/improved DX10 preview mode. I believe that all of your questions are answered in the guide.

Here you go, this guy takes you through DX10 setup step by step....

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yjCNlBvMsag

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

His links are broken Mike.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Also it does not cover up fully :(

1y329d.jpg

Pinned at the top of this forum is the How To document on installing the fix for DX10.  It also contains some recommended settings for your fsx.cfg and display driver.  Inside the How to document are links to even other things you can add/install.  If there is a problem with that document, you need to PM Paul J (the author) and let him know.  In regards to settings, I use the fsx default FSX/display driver settings for FSX.  However, I have changed the Texture_Max_Load to 2048 and raised the LOD_Radius to 6.5.  This is mainly for my photoscenery though and you probably can leave those settings alone.  Every system is different and the display driver settings that work best for others may not work for you.  I would start with the default though.  You and also use the same settings you use for DX9 (your current FSX settings).  DX10 only adds shadows to the cockpit and great water animations during storms.  There are some other improvements but they won't affect your current settings.  This way you can switch back and forth from DX9 to DX10 fairly easily.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Thank you, Jim.

To see our six months of work, research, testing and documentation pushed aside by Mike Collins recommendation and link to those two videos - taking you "through a DX10 setup, step by step" - well, it was a pretty good smack in the face. 

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Yes, what was he thinking? :huh:   Good thing the link was dead.  At least your How To document has survived! 

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

No, it's not dead, Jim, one just has to search the guy's site. The video's are pretty hokey, though, glossing over many things, "that you can browse for on Google", and making patently wrong statements, like "turn off AA in FSX, and let Inspector control it". I didn't watch it all, as I was fuming.

All the Best, chum,

peej

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

No need to worry Paul, your how to doc will always be the DX10 bible. No half baked video will replace that. :P

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

The doc here on AVSim is very detailed and most important, the fixes have been created and put on paper by people you can trust having tested different situations thoroughly (Nick, Steve, Paul J etc.)

There are a lot of manuals, guides, or Youtube tweaks/fix video's on the internet, and sometimes I watch them for inspiration (or the never ending quest of finding the miracle fix for 100 FPS ;)), but I would never trust a random statement.

When it's in your How to doc, then I know I have to try it and if it doesn't work as expected, I must have done something wrong.

So quality does matter and the Doc will never be replaced easily, if at all!

Yeah, I know, Julian; Mark - and a big "Thank You" for your posts!  :im Not Worthy:

For me my "kick", is reading of the results and positive feedback after someone has been really successful with the transition - and there have been hundreds of posts here, just expressing exactly that. 

It takes a bit of work to get the sim running as one would like, and it means a lot of testing and reading - not only the doc, but also the other resources on the web, too - and I know our "How-To" doc doesn't have a monopoly in that respect, so I just have to let it slide.   :Black Eye:

The next challenge will come when Steve releases his DX10 Scenery Fixer, as correcting aircraft and scenery at the same time is just a tad convoluted, and so there will be some major changes to the doc.

................Soon, I hope! :lol:  

All the Best,