Sign in to follow this  
marounb

747 shutting down 15 seconds after startup

Please help me resolve this problem. Nothing I have done has resolved it! I've reinstalled it all from fsx to 747-4 & -8.

Do you have enough fuel? Are your fuel tank switches on?

I looked at the pic closer and you have no fuel on board

a54316-5.png

I'm guessing you mean the engines...as itsahemi said above, I would suggest you load some fuel! Press ALT while in FSX, navigate to the top and to the blue bar, go into Add-ons, PMDG, Aircraft Fuel and add some juice.... 

It looks like there may be more to it than that, it does say TCAS fail which doesn't happen to my knowledge unless you've set it as a failure or there's a software problem.

there's plenty of fuel on board it's just low ... I can resimulate it without the low fuel  

It could be something went wrong during installation. All sort of things can happen then. If you have added fuel (like 20.000 LBS / 10 metric tons) and it still says you only have like 600 lbs, then I would suggest reinstalling. This time make sure you install with admin rights ("run as Administrator"), turn off UAC (User Account Control in windows) and turn off your antivirus during installation.

Andreas Stangenes

http://www.youtube.com/user/krsans78
Add me on gamertag: Bullhorns78

Sounds to me like you went into the PMDG Add-Ons menu and chose how much fuel you wanted but never sent it to the airplane. After entering the amount of fuel desired, click on "Apply Now."

Eric Parker