Sign in to follow this  
bluebeard

Trackri5, EZDOK & Q400

Hi Folks, I am the proud owner of the Q400 and I would like to install Trackr and EZEDOK on my system. Has anyone out there had issues when using this combination together with the Q400.

I would just like to point out that I have no problems with the Q400 and it runs on my set up really well.

I do not have nVidia inspector or the full version of FSUIPC installed and have no wish to do so.

I have no problem with high demand aircraft or scenery and have good frame rates.

I just didn't want to lash out on Trackr in particular if it was going to ruin my experience with the Q400.

I am sure quite a few of you here have or have Had these addons and I look forward to hearing from you, and I would appreciate it very much.

Trying to ruin FSX with TrackIR is like trying to ruin a cake with chocolate frosting. TrackIR adds amazing immersion to the sim, and I imagine that it's even better with EZDOK. I have TIR5 and it works with every one of my aircraft, big or small. 

Go ahead, you have nothing to lose.  :good:

Thanks,

Kevin L

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Thanks for the quick response Tatave, Just want to make sure that all three will play happily together and not get grumpy. 

I use TrackIr and EZDok now already for quite a while. As well with the Dash8 and I have no problems at all. It might take some moments until you are completely comfortable with setting up EZDok but once it's set up you just enjoy using it. A lot of people are using it and you will find a lot of help.

Those two are most probably the most usefull tools I have, right after my yoke and rudder peddals. I never fly without them and it will increase your immersion a lot.

Hi thaine, good to see that you are running the three of them with no problems, I did see a mention about TrackIr over on the Majestic forum when it was first released but I couldn't find it again. I asked on this forum because I new I would get some objective answers and not go wandering off topic.

You are quite right about the yoke and pedals, wouldn't be without them.

I have ordered my TrackIr5 and will set that up first and then add EZDok and keep fingers crossed. I will make an effort to read the manuals first ( very unsual I Know ) but I think it pays off in the long run.

Cheers, bluebeard.

I too am running all three. I was a skeptic of the whole TIR and EZDOK thing but since I made the change several years ago (because of the NGX) I've never looked back. As has been mentioned, it may take some initial investment of time to get TIR and EZDOK set up as you like, but once you do, it will be a very nice experience. I do recommend searching the web for the "Seth-Flight" TIR profile. It's very good for FSX since it has smooth movements and makes focusing on specific areas easy and you don't have to do all the setup in TIR yourself.

One thing to bear in mind with Ezdok is that when you load up the Q400 with it all the camera effects are set to zero. This is probably why so many folk (me included) felt no effects when flying the Dash. Make sure you turn those effects on and you'll be fine.

Hi Guys, sorry for the slow responce but my TrackIr5 arrived a couple of hours ago and I have been busy setting it up. Thanks for the tip about the camera's with the Q400, thats a trap for young players I hadn't come across anywhere. Yes I had found the "Seth-Flight" profile and had downloaded and filed it away, and yes it is very good.

I am very pleased with the TrackIr5 it sure has a lot going for it, I also got Track Clip pro because I have a fair bit of light where my rig is and I am glad I did. For me anyway it was the right decision. I think I will hold off on the EZDok for a couple of weeks and get my new toy completely sussed first.

Thanks again chaps I really appreciate the advice.

Cheers bluebeard.