Sign in to follow this  
larry.talley@cox.net

J 4100 and X52 pro

I seem to have an issue with the J4100 while using the x52 pro joystick and throttle.  I really think the issue is in the x52 but wanted to see if anyone else has an issue like this.  Simply put, the condition lever will return to taxi position during flight...needless to say this causes catastrophic loss of the airplane.  I am running windows 7 64 bit, fsx with acceleration pack, and a new registered copy of fsuipc.  This only seems to happen with the J41, not with any of the other turbo props in fsx.  I set up my latest test with my old trusty CH products yoke, no additional joystick or rudder pedals.  Everything seemed to be going normal, so I plugged in the usb connector from the x52 as well, so I could have twist rudder control from the joystick...immediately the condition levers went to taxi.  I was just wondering if anyone else has seen this.  I don't know whether it is a quirk in the j4100 with the x52, or if fsuipc is to blame.  Any guidance would be appreciated.

Do you have controls off in FSX?  Are they all mapped in FSUIPC?  Have you checked the assignments for the x52 to see what they're assigned to?  It's possible that something on it is also assigned to the condition levers.  I did have problems with my yoke and rudder pedals after I upgraded my FSUIPC and I had to delete my fsuipc.ini file and reassign everything.  That cleared up the issue.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Hi! What's your condition axis assigned to? I can confirm I use an X52pro with the j41 with no issues whatsoever

I also believe that there must be a conflict...or perhaps the x52 is glitching....

Ok...to answer Gregg first.  I have made sure that no buttons or axis for the x52 are assigned in fsx except for the aileron, elevator and rudder.  Also I have made sure that there are no buttons for the x52 that are assigned in fsx.  Llikewise the same in fsuipc...and I might add that I have been flying flight sims since my first computer in 1986 and this is the first time that I have ever used fsuipc.  I also have a clean, non programmed profile in the x52 programmer...no assignments there as well. 

I might add that this "glitch" only happens with the engines running, with the throttle increased.  I will do more testing this evening.  I think that I will also delete my fsuipc ini file as well.  I have considered totally uninstalling fsuipc...something tells me that is the culprit but only a gut feel at this time.

Matteo, it is comforting to know someone out there is successful with the x52 pro and the j41.  Are you using fsuipc, or saitek's programmer?  Also just for info, on most other turbo props, the condition lever is actually mapped to the mixture control, but in the j41 it is mapped by default to the prop control.  What control on the x52 are you using for the condition lever and how do you have it mapped? 

ltalley

I have made sure that no buttons or axis for the x52 are assigned in fsx except for the aileron, elevator and rudder.

Matteo, what version of FSUIPC are you running?  My issue occurred when I updated to the latest.

Larry, I'd urge you to not use FSX for your controls...that was a big headache for me...disable them and use FSUIPC only.  Pete Dawson suggested that the reason deleting the .ini file worked is that I must have had a conflict. 

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."

Ok I will. Is it ok just to delete the joystick assignment in fsx or is there a way to disable it in fsx entirely. Do you use the saitek profile as well? I an new to Fsuipc and haven't figured out how to program axis.

You completely disable the controls.  It takes a little patience to learn to do it in FSUIPC but it can really be worth it.  You can set up reverse thrust on your throttle...create null zones...lots of practical stuff.

Gregg Seipp

I deleted all of the joystick assignments in fsx except for the axis controls, but made sure the only axis controls were aileron, elevator and throttle...and also made sure that the saitek profile did not have anything in it.  I also made sure there were no assignments in fsuipc.  Amazingly it worked.  So it most definitely was a conflict.  I will start putting things back in slowly.  Thanks for all your assistance.  Gregg...do you use any part of the saitek profile?  I have read that without using the profile the mode selector won't work.

lt

I don't have the Saitek joystick...only a multiswitch.  My thoughts were only from my experience with FSUIPC and my controls and a similar problem of my own which I resolved.

Gregg

Gregg Seipp